ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Applying for ILR

Post by safeery2k » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi,
I am on Tier 1 General Visa and came to UK on 18th March 2009 and now my visa is expiring on 26th March 2014 but my 5 years are completing on 18th March 2014. I just wanted to know that can I apply before 18th or do I have to wait.

Thanks

pjoshi007
Mood:
India

Re: Applying for ILR

Post by pjoshi007 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:13 pm

You can apply 28 days before your visa comes to an end.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:57 pm

When did you get entry clearance initially?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by safeery2k » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:16 pm

21st January 2009

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:26 pm

Then you can apply from now until your leave expires.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by safeery2k » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:38 pm

Thanks, Is there any link on this website for list of documents I need to send for ILR?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:02 pm

Have you looked at form SET(O) yet?

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by safeery2k » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:38 am

Yes, I have but couple of questions, could you please help me on these?

Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying
under Tier 1 (General). Evidence of absence due to compelling or compassionate reasons is also required from all of the above
categories.

I'm have never been out of country for more than 40 days in a year, do I need to provide any evidence?

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:47 am

safeery2k wrote: 6.2
Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying
under Tier 1 (General). Evidence of absence due to compelling or compassionate reasons is also required from all of the above
categories.
I'm have never been out of country for more than 40 days in a year, do I need to provide any evidence?
Below is the response from UKBA. I'm on Tier 1 and was out of UK couple of times. The max absence was 24 days.

In answer to your first question, Tier 1 (General) applicants are required to provide evidence of their absences.

Evidence in the form of a letter from the employer which sets out the reasons for the absences, including annual leave, must be provided. Where short visits outside the UK, on weekends or other non-working days have taken place, evidence from the employer must be provided to confirm the applicant’s normal working pattern and show the absences occurred during a non-working period. Tier 1 (General) applicants who are self-employed or in business must provide a letter of explanation of their business-related absences.

Absences must be connected to the applicant’s sponsored or permitted employment, or the permitted economic activity being carried out in the UK, for example, business trips or short secondments. This also includes, any paid annual leave which must are assessed on a case by case basis and must be in line with the UK statutory annual leave entitlement.

Short visits outside the UK on weekends or other non-working days are consistent with the basis of stay and do not break the continuity of leave. You must count such absences towards the 180 day limit.

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by safeery2k » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:19 pm

Thanks for your reply. So I need to get a letter from my Employer which should states that I've been outside of UK on annual leave?
Is there any template or sample letter exists anywhere?