ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Actual Salary Vs SOC Code Salary

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kais

Actual Salary Vs SOC Code Salary

Post by kais » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi

Please advice i have booked appointment in March for ILR through Tier 2(general) after 5 years from March 2009. I checked New SOC code list and have few things to clarify with Seniors/Gurus/Moderators.

1- On Soc Code It states that New Entrant rate ( e.g 20,300) and Experienced rate ( e.g 26,300). I was with same employer from the start , which rate will apply to me? new or Experienced. (it says at the bottom of soc code,OR 19,900 for those any one who entered in Tier 2 (G) rules before 2011).

2- Soc code salary is based on 39 Hours(if based on survey of earning 2011) for Experienced , will I meet Experience rate because my salary is based on 32.5 hours . For Explanation

SOC Code Salary
For Example

SOC Code Salary= 26,300(Based on 39 Hours) Mathematically = 26300/39*52= 26300/2028= 12.96

Actual Salary= 22,500 (Based on 32.5 Hours) Mathematically = 22500/32.5*52= 22500/1690= 13.31

Does it means actual salary is meeting the SOC code requirement.

Kind regards

dk2011

Re: Actual Salary Vs SOC Code Salary

Post by dk2011 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:37 pm

For ILR you are subjected to experienced rate. Your hourly calculation is fine . Can your employer mention your salary in hours the way you have done ? If yes , then you are fine.

kais

Post by kais » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:54 pm

dk2011 wrote:For ILR you are subjected to experienced rate. Your hourly calculation is fine . Can your employer mention your salary in hours the way you have done ? If yes , then you are fine.
Thanks for your reply. I have got letter from Employer already they have mentioned it on letter that the salary is ABOVE the SOC code rate and thats all. Does it needs breaking down in hourly based because basically its annual salary not paid hourly. Calculation i showed was for explanation but still based on 32.5 hours NOT 39 hours. Is it not enough as long as they mention its ABOVE the SOC code rate?

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:35 pm

If you get number of hours per week this salary is based on mentioned in the letter then it will be helpful. Otherwise also , you shouldn't have problem but keep a cover letter ready with your math so that you can explain better just in case CW shows any concern.

pjoshi007
Mood:
India

Post by pjoshi007 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:44 pm

I just got my ILR based on 5 yr WP in Feb.

My employer also mentioned what my SOC code was and how much I was making per year based on how many hours per week.

It also said that it was more than the SOC code. No breakdown was given. I got my ILR without any problem.

It's good to mention that the salary is based on how many hours per week. That just rules out any doubts they may have.

Good Luck with your application.

kais

Post by kais » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:31 pm

pjoshi007 wrote:I just got my ILR based on 5 yr WP in Feb.

My employer also mentioned what my SOC code was and how much I was making per year based on how many hours per week.

It also said that it was more than the SOC code. No breakdown was given. I got my ILR without any problem.

It's good to mention that the salary is based on how many hours per week. That just rules out any doubts they may have.

Good Luck with your application.
thanks for your reply. problem is that on my letter employer only mention that he is being paid above the rate in SOC code. nothing else, no salary and also on how many hours it is based NOT mentioned on the letter. I dont know whether it ll be accepted or not.

kais

Post by kais » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:58 pm

Seniors/Gurus/Moderators

So does it means

Salary can be Prorata basis, only reason to raise this question is that I have gone through the forum and found at one thread some one was mentioning that annual salary CAN NOT be prorata Or It can only be Prorata basis if UPWARDS it can not be downward prorata basis.

Plzzzzzzzzz Confirm. I have my PEO appointment in few weeks.

Thanks

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:06 pm

Don't get panicked . Your employer has already written a letter that you are paid above your SOC code . If CW has any concern they will ask you to get another letter or they can verify details with company .
if employer has given you letter then what is the difficulty in mentiong hours and re-issue it?