ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section6 in EEA2 form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jumpingzombie

Section6 in EEA2 form

Post by jumpingzombie » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Hello, everyone.

I may apply for the 5years resident card again, because I have lost it. (It's in this topic http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 58219.html)

Filling in the form EEA2 again, I'm not sure about the section 6 "YOUR EEA NATIONAL FAMILY MEMBER (EMPLOYMENT)".
My EEA husband obtained the certificate of permanent residence(EEA3) last year.
It's shown as "If your EEA national family member has already acquired permanent residence, please provide either their document certifying permanent residence (if they have one) or evidence of how they acquired permanent residence, for example evidence of exercising Treaty rights for a continuous period of 5 years prior to the date at which they acquired permanent residence."

Do I still need to fill in about what my husband currently does(employment/self-employment etc), or I don't need it because my husband completed exercising the treaty rights for 5years last year and got the certificate of PR?
In the form EEA4, the applicants can skip the section to fill in how the EEA family member has been exercising the treaty rights for continual 5years as long as the EEA family member has obtained the PR(EEA3). ("If your EEA national family member has a document certifying permanent
residence, please tick this box and go to section 8, otherwise please complete
section 7 below.").

But, it's not mentioned about it in the form EEA3, so I would like to hear some advices in this forum.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Section6 in EEA2 form

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:30 pm

You can ignore the section completely. Just submit the PR card as evidence.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: Section6 in EEA2 form

Post by Plum70 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:34 pm

As you say that your husband now possesses a document confirming his acquisition of PR, how he exercises his treaty rights is no longer of concern to the UKBA. They would have assessed this before issuing him with a PR doc. and will have his record on their system.

Just provide the PR doc, tick (if applicable) that he has attained PR, provide whatever additional docs are required and send off.