ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Without BRP ,MN1 is possible

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

esmsi

Without BRP ,MN1 is possible

Post by esmsi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:29 am

I got ILR approval date is 17 Feb.
DX make mistake to deliver BRP and I have requested home office to redeliver.

Without BRP ,MN1 is possible to register my as as a British Citizen?

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: Without BRP ,MN1 is possible

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:52 am

I don't think so it's possible .,because for mn1 they require proof of your ILR passport with child birth certificate

esmsi wrote:I got ILR approval date is 17 Feb.

ss

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Is the letter not a proof of ILR?
SSWSZ wrote:I don't think so it's possible .,because for mn1 they require proof of your ILR passport with child birth certificate

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Letter is fine.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks for the reply.

When I need BRP card that is in which situation letter does not work?
Jambo wrote:Letter is fine.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:27 pm

It is the HO that granted you the ILR. It is the same HO that you are asking to grant your son BC. They just need some proof (preferably with your HO reference number) to look you up in the system. The letter would do that. The BRP would do that as well. There is no difference between the two.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:32 pm

Thank you. A great answer.
Jambo wrote:It is the HO that granted you the ILR. It is the same HO that you are asking to grant your son BC. They just need some proof (preferably with your HO reference number) to look you up in the system. The letter would do that. The BRP would do that as well. There is no difference between the two.

opty88

Post by opty88 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:54 pm

SSWSZ is right. i applied for 2 MN1 reg in december. you need to add a copy of your brp. the letter tells you the notes are for information purposes only and does not convey grant of ILR

SSWSZ wrote:I don't think so it's possible .,because for mn1 they require proof of your ILR passport with child birth certificate

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:21 pm

Confused for different views
opty88 wrote:SSWSZ is right. i applied for 2 MN1 reg in december. you need to add a copy of your brp. the letter tells you the notes are for information purposes only and does not convey grant of ILR

opty88

Post by opty88 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:44 pm

you can try with the letter bearing in mind that the date on the letter and brp can vary
Last edited by opty88 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:46 pm

I think it should be letter date . BRP may produce late.
opty88 wrote:you can try with the letter. Also with mine, the date on the letter and card varied by a day. so where the mn1 application form asks date parent became settled, i wrote the date on brp

opty88

Post by opty88 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:50 pm

does your letter say its for information purposes only or its just mine
esmsi wrote:I think it should be letter date . BRP may produce late.
opty88 wrote:you can try with the letter. Also with mine, the date on the letter and card varied by a day. so where the mn1 application form asks date parent became settled, i wrote the date on brp

opty88

Post by opty88 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:52 pm

are you planning to use NCS

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:03 pm

Received a letter and leaflet

the letter says

I am returning the documents.............................................................................
A BRP will be sent to you under separate cover.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My status --Since DX failed to delivery my BRP saying I do not live the address .But royal mail delivery passport without any problem 2nd class tracked.I sent email on Thurday night to home office BRP unit and waiting for reply.

opty88

Post by opty88 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:25 pm

my letter had same wording (with no mention of ilr approval) and leaflet had notes on ilr approval. if you will use NCS, call and find out if they will accept the letter
esmsi wrote:Received a letter and leaflet

the letter says

I am returning the documents.............................................................................
A BRP will be sent to you under separate cover.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My status --Since DX failed to delivery my BRP saying I do not live the address .But royal mail delivery passport without any problem 2nd class tracked.I sent email on Thurday night to home office BRP unit and waiting for reply.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:48 pm

Jambo is correct, the Home Office will just check the system and see ILR has been granted, they can do this with your name, DOB and address. I assume this is a section 1(3) application.
Chapter 8 wrote:See also, 8.3.3:

iii. a parent's settled status:
• an immigration officer's stamp in a passport showing the holder has been given leave to enter the United Kingdom for an indefinite period or without any restriction on the period of stay here; or
• a Home Office stamp in a passport or Police Registration Certificate showing the holder has indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom or that there is no limit on his/her stay here; or
a Home Office letter to the effect that the addressee has been granted indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom
And
8.5.5.4 If the parent is given settlement, the application for registration can be regarded as having been made under s.1(3) provided the other requirements in 8.1.1 are met and be determined accordingly.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:24 am

Thanks but with the same logic can I apply benefit say child benifit.
Amber_ wrote:Jambo is correct, the Home Office will just check the system and see ILR has been granted, they can do this with your name, DOB and address. I assume this is a section 1(3) application.
Chapter 8 wrote:See also, 8.3.3:

iii. a parent's settled status:
• an immigration officer's stamp in a passport showing the holder has been given leave to enter the United Kingdom for an indefinite period or without any restriction on the period of stay here; or
• a Home Office stamp in a passport or Police Registration Certificate showing the holder has indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom or that there is no limit on his/her stay here; or
a Home Office letter to the effect that the addressee has been granted indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom
And
8.5.5.4 If the parent is given settlement, the application for registration can be regarded as having been made under s.1(3) provided the other requirements in 8.1.1 are met and be determined accordingly.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:17 pm

The HMRC do not have access to the Home Office/UKVI system, so no.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.