ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 to ILR - Success (Croydon)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 to ILR - Success (Croydon)

Post by Jedi001 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:56 pm

Sorry for the delay, here are the answers:

---------------------TEMPLATE FOR MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION---------------------------
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr. Xxx Xxx was a student of <college name here>, <City name here> From <start_year> to <end_year> and has successfully completed Bachelor of XXXXXX course in <month+year here> Reg no. <reg number> and the medium of instruction for the above mentioned degree was in English.

Xxx ( registrar's signature here)

-----------------------------------------------------
This I got from my university.

I cannot say whether you need university letter or not but I guess it will certainly help. My university is listed in PBS calc however I have seen university being listed but no points being awarded for Enlgish section for some people. For a tier 1 main applicant, if he/she has already proved Enlgish requirement in his/her previous application then I don't think you don't need to prove it again though you still need to provide the docs like degree cert/medium of instruction letter/PBS CALC/NARIC letter (if you can get it). I was more concerned about my wife's English requirement but we both have studied from same university hence I decided to provide only docs mentioned Page1 of this topic for her rather any other thing. I would say everyone's circumstances are different and you would have provide docs according to your situation.
-------------------------------------------
Well life in the UK test was easy to be honest even with the history topic which people are fearful, I don't remember the questions as it's been couple of months now but I remember that from chapter 1+2 I got 5 questions and from history it was 12, 7 from last 2 chapters. Me and my wife gave the test together and passed in our first attempt, total time spent to prepare was about 2.5 weeks.

Hope the above help you and others.

Kind regards
Jedi001

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:40 am

Many thanks for the useful information mate. For a safer side, I'll ask my university to send me the letter as I don't want to take chances with the UKBA.
1 last question, I'm a post graduate from Indian university and my partner isn't, in fact he's not even graduate as he's pursuing graduation (3rd year) and we both are investing/starting a business in the UK, so do he still need to show the English requirement? In our application, I'll be the main applicant. Do they (UKBA) take any test or they only ask for the equivalent certificate or degree for the English requirement?
Thanks for your help mate!
If you don't build your dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Jedi001 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:03 pm

I would suggest you to read UKBA guidanc:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... onstrating/

Regards
Jedi001

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:05 pm

Hi Guys, need help. Is it possible to start or become partners in a restaurant or take away retro business in the UK on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa via 200k route? I have asked this question many times on this forum, but till date waiting for the reply. Also, please share the source of your answer/advice. Thanks in advance guys!
If you don't build your dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs!

JagBala
Newly Registered

Post by JagBala » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi,

Please can you help me with couple of questions i have , Appreciate your help on this

1. Is it same SET (o) form for both Dependent Spouse and Main applicant ( myslef) ?

2. Should we provide income proof for Dependent ?

Thanks,
JagBala