ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hearing today

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bus
Singapore

hearing today

Post by bus » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:41 pm

Hello Forum
I need your valuable advice please. today is my hearing my barrister came to me and told she is going to ask for a new date since my business partner was not appearing with me. she is doesn't have appeal rights due to her visa is still valid so court didn't summon her for todays hearing also my solicitor didn't highlighted her presents will be favourable for my visa till barrister raised it. She told the judge she received the bundle on Friday and didn't have time to read it till this morning :(
the reason she think my partner needs is since we have some issues in the interview, we don't have any other legal issues doc are ok. only some discrepancies in the interview and how the money came to this country.
so the judge allowed to get another date and HO rep also agreed to it. I was bit upset over this why barrister waited till the last min to raised this questions is this normal or unusual. do I have to pay again to solicitor next hearing already paid £1498 for my submission.
please your all valuable advice will be a grate help for me!!
thanks

Mr Legal

Re: hearing today

Post by Mr Legal » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:03 pm

Dear,

To pay or have paid the lawyer fee is an oral or written agreement between you and your lawyer for your appeal's submission and representation before the tribunal.You can raise your issue with your lawyer,might he be able to remit some part of it or to recover it (if any still outstanding).
However, your main concern about your lawyer's submission before the tribunal for an adjournment in the very last minute, is because that sometimes the lawyer looks around the judge and the presenting officer as how far they could be helpful in resolving client's issue and if he has a good reason for an adjournment and when he finds that case might come with negative result.He advances that good reasons for adjournment because mostly the lawyers and HOPO have had chats with each other before they proceed to hearing and have discussed the issues and facts of the case and when they come to court before the IJ,they don't rebut the adjournment .Your case might be relisted before different IJ and HOPO.Simple is that you have more time to focus on your evidence about money transfer. (which I think you lawyer might have thought) as you stated the main issue of money transfer. So you have more time to obtain that piece of evidence.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.