ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Topsyman19
Newly Registered

Naturalization

Post by Topsyman19 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:40 pm

1)I received a simple caution in 2009 and would like to know how this will affect my Naturalization or becoming a British Citizen.

2)The Home Office actually lost my passport after processing my children Citizenship application. They denied ever receiving my passport, which was a big lie on their part as they would not have processed the application without my passport.

I will like to know if I will have to send my passport(lost) with the application or whether copies of my passport will suffice.

Any relevant advice will be appreciated.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalization

Post by milan69 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:43 pm

You can can use NCS which will copy your passport and send the copies to HO. They will also check if your application is in order.
I am sometimes wrong.

Topsyman19
Newly Registered

Post by Topsyman19 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:19 am

Thanks Milan69 for the advice. What I'll really like to know is that if I go through the NCS will they insist on seeing my passport as I do not have one. Like I said the HO lost it and denied ever receiving it. I only have the copies I made before sending it off to the HO. Will the copies of my passport suffice.
Advice please
Many Thanks

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:44 am

I would be surprised if they accept copies of your passport. You can always phone and ask and if one NCS does not give you answer over the phone try calling another one.
As far as your caution is concern I know very little about that but that topic has been covered a lot of times here so try browsing around the forum. Maybe this can help a little:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 36725.html
I am sometimes wrong.

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:42 am

The simple caution shouldn't affect your naturalisation application as it's over 3 years since it was given. However, you should declare it on the form.

Not having your the passport is going to suck a bit. You will need to provide another form of ID to prove your identity, other documents to prove your residency throughout the past 5 (or 3) years and ILR . You will need to explain why you cannot provide your passport on page 15 of Form AN. I would submit the copy of the passport you have so the case officer can choose to use that to verify the information given, but also provide the alternative documents.

Topsyman19
Newly Registered

Post by Topsyman19 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:12 am

Thanks Guys, I truly and honestly appreciate your inputs on this matter.