ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CLAIMING CHILD TAX CREDIT WHILST ON PBS DEPENDENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wagodstus
Newly Registered

CLAIMING CHILD TAX CREDIT WHILST ON PBS DEPENDENT

Post by wagodstus » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:57 pm

Hello Help!

My wife solely claimed for child tax credit as a single person whilst we're married. After two year of claming, they wrote to her to indicate that their records show that she was leaving with a man (thus me) and so they cancelled her child tax credit and ask her to pay £18,000. She has been paying that for over 4 years now and not claiming any benefit since then. Now she wants to apply for her ILR but very scared. However, we are all working at the moment and jointly earn about £55,000 a year. If we provide sufficient documentation to prove that we are independent of public funds, will the home office still contact the HMRC for further information? Any contribution will help.

Thanks
Wagodstus

shahjee11

Re: CLAIMING CHILD TAX CREDIT WHILST ON PBS DEPENDENT

Post by shahjee11 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:40 pm

wagodstus wrote:Hello Help!

My wife solely claimed for child tax credit as a single person whilst we're married. After two year of claming, they wrote to her to indicate that their records show that she was leaving with a man (thus me) and so they cancelled her child tax credit and ask her to pay £18,000. She has been paying that for over 4 years now and not claiming any benefit since then. Now she wants to apply for her ILR but very scared. However, we are all working at the moment and jointly earn about £55,000 a year. If we provide sufficient documentation to prove that we are independent of public funds, will the home office still contact the HMRC for further information? Any contribution will help.

Thanks
Wagodstus
I suggest you give true account of the situation to HO. Just explain in a letter that CTC was claimed in error and since then she has been paying it back. Provide evidence to support this by getting a statement from hmrc of what has been paid back so far and what is yet to paid and back it up with bank account statements. I have seen cases where people have claimed public funds in error, started paying back and getting their immigration applications approved.

wagodstus
Newly Registered

Re: CLAIMING CHILD TAX CREDIT WHILST ON PBS DEPENDENT

Post by wagodstus » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:38 am

Thanks for your help.