ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

monikaaji
Newly Registered

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by monikaaji » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:39 am

Hi, apologies if this question has already been asked before. This is a query regarding OCI submission requirements. I understand one needs to take the photocopies of all non-blank pages of your cancelled / revoked Indian Passport(s). Does this mean ALL old and expired Indian passports as well or just the current cancelled/revoked Indian passport?

Thanks,
MM

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:21 am

monikaaji wrote:Hi, apologies if this question has already been asked before. This is a query regarding OCI submission requirements. I understand one needs to take the photocopies of all non-blank pages of your cancelled / revoked Indian Passport(s). Does this mean ALL old and expired Indian passports as well or just the current cancelled/revoked Indian passport?

Thanks,
MM
There is no need to submit any photocopies of cancelled indian passport. Only surrender certificate is sufficient.

also see HCI website for list of documents

https://www.hcilondon.in/oci.html

arun_prasad
Newly Registered

Post by arun_prasad » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:28 am

Hi

Did apply for my OCI on 7th Jan and was acknowledged on the 21st Jan 2014. Was able to see the status in online as UNDER PROCESS but today all of a sudden the website says no such record.

Did you come across this issue earlier ? Is the HCI changing some kind of status in the background ?

Thanks
Arun

rajasekhar_you

Post by rajasekhar_you » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:07 pm

Can you any one post their recent OCI timelines applied through post for London ?

i sent my postal application on Feb 5th , want to know when I will get an acknowledgement atleast ?

And also what passport number you need to give in the OCI status check website ? indian cancelled passport or british passport number?

krishLVR

Post by krishLVR » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:48 am

You need to give british passport number and Online Application Number to check the status.

arun_prasad
Newly Registered

Post by arun_prasad » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:45 am

Hi

I found the issue with my application. Initially I used the indian passport number to check the status and once the status changed as processed it started taking in the British Passport number.

Just waiting for the documents to be delivered to London office and I should be done.

So for ppl waiting its worth while trying with both the numbers.

Thanks
Arun

krrishone
Newly Registered

Post by krrishone » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:02 pm

rajasekhar_you wrote:Can you any one post their recent OCI timelines applied through post for London ?

i sent my postal application on Feb 5th , want to know when I will get an acknowledgement atleast ?

And also what passport number you need to give in the OCI status check website ? indian cancelled passport or british passport number?
Family member applied for OCI for the first time. Sent via recorded post. Took 7-10 working days for the documents to be returned.

She did not receive a receipt with the returned documents.

However you can use your British passport number and Online Reference number (Its on the application form, under bar code) to track application on web page below, even when the documents have not been returned yet.

http://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury

Rember - You don't need to enter both File Ref and Online Ref. Enter your British passport number on top and enter either of the ref numbers.

aanu23
Newly Registered

Post by aanu23 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi All,

I collected by OCI card and stamped passport today, here are the timelines

Applied for OCI at CGI Edinburgh in person for whole family (2+2) - 13-DEC-2013
Date of acknowledgement: 08-JAN-2014
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 07-FEB-2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 11-FEB-2014
Document received At EDINBURGH On 17-FEB-2014
Submit passports in person at Edinburgh consulate: 18-FEB-2014
Collected stamped passports and OCI registration cards on: 19-FEB-2014

Finally immigration journey over:-)
regards,
A

shantpanda
Newly Registered

Post by shantpanda » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:18 am

Hi,

My OCI Timeline
Applied for OCI at London in person for whole family (2+2) - 17-JAN-2014
Date of acknowledgement: 17-JAN-2014
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 10-FEB-2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 13-FEB-2014
Document received At London On 14-FEB-2014
Submit passports by Special Delivey : 17-FEB-2014
Received stamped passports and OCI registration cards on: 21-FEB-2014

Thanks and all th best

:D

krishLVR

Post by krishLVR » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi

Do we need send separate envelope for each and every person in a Family for OCI Collection to London.

Krish

shantpanda
Newly Registered

Post by shantpanda » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:18 pm

just one SAE will do, for the whole family.

arun_prasad
Newly Registered

Post by arun_prasad » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:56 pm

Finally got my OCI card today with the U visa. My timelines as below:

Applied for OCI by post @ London - 7-JAN-2014
Date of acknowledgement: 21-JAN-2014
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 11-FEB-2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 13-FEB-2014
Document received At London On 14-FEB-2014
Submit passports by Special Delivey : 18-FEB-2014
Received stamped passports and OCI registration cards on: 22-FEB-2014

jagcv4

Post by jagcv4 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Hello all

I will appreciate if somebody can provide detailed information on the exact process of OCI please? Can somebody clarify what happens once you submit your application form at the HCI? Also please advise what documents you need to submit and at what stages?

Thanks again

divyakhurana
Newly Registered

Post by divyakhurana » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi All

I applied for OCI for myself and my 2 daughters aged (2.5 and 6.5 yrs) on 17.01.14 in person at CGI, Birmingham. The status for me and younger daughter is showing that OCI is ready to collect from Birmingham with effect from 21.02.14. However my older daughters' status is still showing Under Process. Has anyone experienced this before? Do they tell you if something is wrong on the form?
I have tried to ring them as well as e-mailed but have had no replies. Please can anyone advise. Many Thanks

rajasekhar_you

Post by rajasekhar_you » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:07 pm

krishLVR wrote:Hi

Do we need send separate envelope for each and every person in a Family for OCI Collection to London.

Krish
you dont need to send seperate envelope. there are posts in this thread where people have just sent one envelope but you have to check whether the envelope supports the weight of all ur family passports.

sankam2007
Newly Registered

Post by sankam2007 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am

divyakhurana wrote:Hi All

I applied for OCI for myself and my 2 daughters aged (2.5 and 6.5 yrs) on 17.01.14 in person at CGI, Birmingham. The status for me and younger daughter is showing that OCI is ready to collect from Birmingham with effect from 21.02.14. However my older daughters' status is still showing Under Process. Has anyone experienced this before? Do they tell you if something is wrong on the form?
I have tried to ring them as well as e-mailed but have had no replies. Please can anyone advise. Many Thanks
Hi

I am also facing the similar issue .Can you please update your status?

sankam2007

rajasekhar_you

Post by rajasekhar_you » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:56 pm

jagcv4 wrote:Hello all

I will appreciate if somebody can provide detailed information on the exact process of OCI please? Can somebody clarify what happens once you submit your application form at the HCI? Also please advise what documents you need to submit and at what stages?

Thanks again
if you send by post : OCI form , photos , surrender certificate original , british passport photocopy, naturalisation copy , indian canceled passport front & back and a special delivery envelope with your return address. they will send back the surrender certificate in the SDE.

after a week and half u may see the status in the site : https://passport.gov.in/oci as UNDER PROCESS, u give ur british passport number and online OCI application number. that is when they have acknowledged your application. you will wait for this status to change to " OCI received in London," this may take upto 3-4 weeks, you then have to print this status, and send it along with your original british passport, and self delivered envelope with ur return address. HCI will endorse your british passport with OCI stamp and sent it back with the OCI booklet with in a week. simple!!

jagcv4

Post by jagcv4 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:15 pm

Hi Rajashekar

Thanks for your advise. I hope all this process is complete in 4 weeks.

This will be good

Thanks

Jag

rajasekhar_you

Post by rajasekhar_you » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:22 pm

jagcv4 wrote:Hi Rajashekar

Thanks for your advise. I hope all this process is complete in 4 weeks.

This will be good

Thanks

Jag
No , it takes more than that I am afraid . If you do in person , you may save a week or 2 but I think it is better to do it by post specially with the number of people at the visa office, you need to be really early there. surrender is quick anyways, you might save some time if you do OCI in person , but i guess it has to be only family applications.

below are the timelines through post at London.
surrender - 1 week
OCI - 4-6 weeks
collection of OCI - 1 week .

divyakhurana
Newly Registered

Post by divyakhurana » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:47 am

sankam2007 wrote:
divyakhurana wrote:Hi All

Hi

I am also facing the similar issue .Can you please update your status?

sankam2007
Hi

I received an e-mail reply yesterday saying that her photo specifications were not met so I am sending another set of photos this morning. Hope there are no other issues.

pkshah
Newly Registered

Post by pkshah » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi
Can any one please tell me.....
My UK passport is renewed, I am over 50
I have to apply misc. OCI application.
How long it takes from date of application
Thanks

desibuoy
Newly Registered

Post by desibuoy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:00 am

Hi,

I have received my OCI. On close inspection I have realised that they have forgotten to stamp (seal) beside the signature of the issuing authority. Is it going to be a problem while travelling? Do I need to travel back to london (3 .5 hours drive to get it stamped? Please advice.

Regards,

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:45 am

Desibuoy, I think in these cases its best to get it corrected, I would rather drive for 3.5 hours again than be stuck at Indian immigration counters.

BTW,how do your timelines look?
Challenges make life worth it!

sarvisman
Newly Registered

Post by sarvisman » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:05 pm

I wonder whether someone can reassure me about my OCI application at Birmingham Consulate General made on 12 February 2014.

The website to check status enquiry is not functioning correctly as (1) the website does not have trustworthy certificate (2) the page does not show the question and it appears only after hitting submit button.

Mine is still showing as Under-Process, how long does it take and it is now four weeks. Any feedback will be appreciated.

rajasekhar_you

Post by rajasekhar_you » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:27 pm

my OCI isr showing at London today

Applied for OCI by post @ London - 5-FEB-2014
Date of acknowledgement: 14-FEB-2014
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 7-MAR-2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 11-MAR-2014
Document received At London On 11-MAR-2014
Submit passports by Special Delivey :
Received stamped passports and OCI registration cards on: