ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Novemder Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imran99132

Naturalisation - Novemder Application

Post by imran99132 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:03 am

Hi Folks,

I just spoke to UKBA regarding my Naturalization Application submitted through NCS Edinburgh on 22nd Nov 2013. The chap on the phone was very polite and helpful. But what I was told was quite unsatisfactory, he said that my application is under consideration which is fine but then he said that at the moment they are considering applications submitted before 3rd Nov 2013 which is not right as we can see a lot of applications submitted in December 2013 and even Jan 2014 which have been approved. So I thought I should share this with the other November applicants. Any thoughts? Cheers.

Eureka.Power

Re: Naturalisation - Novemder Application

Post by Eureka.Power » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:28 am

imran99132 wrote:Hi Folks,

I just spoke to UKBA regarding my Naturalization Application submitted through NCS Edinburgh on 22nd Nov 2013. The chap on the phone was very polite and helpful. But what I was told was quite unsatisfactory, he said that my application is under consideration which is fine but then he said that at the moment they are considering applications submitted before 3rd Nov 2013 which is not right as we can see a lot of applications submitted in December 2013 and even Jan 2014 which have been approved. So I thought I should share this with the other November applicants. Any thoughts? Cheers.

Imran thats really odd... we are seeing lots of decmeber and Jan approvals... I donot think there is any guidelines... my freind applied on 30 of oct and I applied on 8th but have nt heard any thing... since then... its always in progress when u call them....but soon you will get the approval... I beleive it depends on the nationality as well..

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:06 am

It's not based on nationality. That is quite clear on the information also collected.

What the UKBA agent said wasn't inaccurate. They are still considering applications pre-3 November. Not all of those applications have been resolved. That doesn't prevent applications after that date to also be considered.

Furthermore, that's probably more than he should have told you because the official UKBA line is that it can take up to 6 months to make a decision on a naturalisation application, and that applicants should refrain from asking for a progress update until 6 months has elapsed.

karaj
Newly Registered

Post by karaj » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:25 am

Hi Folks
Here is my guess about delay in processing pre 3rd Nov application.
1) Case worker obtain data which then input into the system. then depending on criteria fed to the system, computer decides Yes/No, and generate a letter.
2) Since the criteria change there has been system update to deal the applications with new criteria.
3) During the system update HO has limited ability to deal with post October application, this is the reason that there was delay in fees deduction and delay in sending out acknowledgement letter.
4) I am sure that there is paperless environment there for your applications are scanned onto system and they are then system genereates reference number and acknowledgement letter.
5) There are limited systems available to deal with pre October applications.
6) I believe that some November and December applications were allocated to case workers who were still tied up to old system therefore untill 100% system update, there will be glitch in the process. Which i believe will take 6 months from the new guidelines was enforced.
7) Once caseworker is assigned randomly it cannot be transferred possibly to another case worker for transparency issues and case worker cannot pick and choose.
8) This is possible reason why December and January application are being processed and some applicants from Oct, Nov and Dec are still waiting.