ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA not accepting PBS proof for English language

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered

UKBA not accepting PBS proof for English language

Post by Vinu karthik » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:29 pm

hi all,

Myself and my wife applied for BC in 2nd week of january. today we got a letter from ukba saying that they need uk naric letters. we sent our application through ncs crawley. Our both degrees are recognised by Point based calculator and we submitted the proof as they asked. I don't know why they are asking for the naric letters. I have emailed them with regard to this query. but before that do any one know the ukba number i can call and ask for the same. And do someone experienced the same problem....thank you....

here is the link

https://www.gov.uk/english-language

thank you

p2kin

Re: UKBA not accepting PBS proof for English language

Post by p2kin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:51 pm

Vinu karthik wrote:hi all,

Myself and my wife applied for BC in 2nd week of january. today we got a letter from ukba saying that they need uk naric letters. we sent our application through ncs crawley. Our both degrees are recognised by Point based calculator and we submitted the proof as they asked. I don't know why they are asking for the naric letters. I have emailed them with regard to this query. but before that do any one know the ukba number i can call and ask for the same. And do someone experienced the same problem....thank you....

here is the link

https://www.gov.uk/english-language

thank you
I take your point, it's just probably providing them with correct documentation. They need everything with every application, so you can't assume that if you have provided them in your past applications, that would still be valid. If it does, they'll tell you that way, if nothing is mentioned, then you'll need to provide everything again by default.

There are 2 aspects to it,

1. You should have a degree that was taught/researched in English
2. Your degree MUST be comparable to British standards as (Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate)

As your link clearly says, for degrees taught/researched in English, you should prove that your degree:
1. taught or researched in English
2. is equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK

So when you say you provided them copy of point based calculator, was it containing information on both, English & equivalent to (Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate)? If both are not mentioned, then probably they wrote you letter asking to provide proof of both.

As for Naric, they do provide service (paid) of degree comparison & language confirmation both. But you'll need to apply for both of them separately.

What does you letter exactly says which part is missing? that would give you clue.. ?

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered

Post by Vinu karthik » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:19 pm

hi,

Actually i sent all the documents again with the BC application.

I provided Point based calculator for myself and for my wife in which it says our degree and our universities. And also gave both our degree certificate which is again in english. Point based calculator degree lists are provided by naric. They just asked as an additional document to provide in the letter today. But i don't know why they need the additional document when the accurate proof has been submitted.

thank you

JPB

Post by JPB » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi
I note you submitted your application with your degrees and in addition you submitted a points based calculator as evidence. Before am able to advise you? Let me know if you have used that qualification to acquire settlement for instance as hsmp, tier 1 etc.

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered

Post by Vinu karthik » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:35 pm

yes...i gave them when i applied for PR and tier1 as well....

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:05 pm

The PBS print out you submitted did it give you at least 20 points for education attribute as well and if yes, did you provide that print out with the application?

JPB

Post by JPB » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:09 pm

Thank you for your reply. Dont get worried because your qualifications are recognised on the point based calculator. Secondly as you gained points for the English language in your tier 1 succesfull application , that will not be a problem. However as you used ncs in submitting your application, you need to be so sure that the right photocopies were sent ? I have personally advised a person in your situation who had used ncs however it appeared the ukba asked for documents she had sent. So as we were unsure if the ncs person had attached the right paper work we decided to send back her original degree certificate plus point based calculator calculation and a brief explanation quoting the UKBA guidance and she got her naturalisation.
good luck

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered

Post by Vinu karthik » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:10 pm

yes...it gave 30 points to each of us....and I gave the printout as well....i went through ncs crawley....i even showed them the website page of the UKBA which says about this point because in the guide, they never mentioned about it....i think that is the confusion......NCS staff checked everything and sent the documents....

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:14 pm

As JPB suggested above send them a brief letter or is there not a number you could call on the letter they sent?

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered

Post by Vinu karthik » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:17 pm

hi JPB,

Thank you for your information....I might do the same as well. But i have sent an email giving the link and asking reason for the additional proof...Even i tried to call NCS...but not able to speak to them as I called during the end of the day as i got the post only around that time...Tommorrow i am going to call home office and going to ask the same question. I want to wait for their response....then i am going to do what you have said....i think the confusion is they never mentioned the PBS proof in the guidance . they have said only in the website......

Thank you....
Last edited by Vinu karthik on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered

Post by Vinu karthik » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:18 pm

hi arun,

There is a number in the letter...but it just goes automated message saying to look in the website...so planning to call other number which i got it from saynoto0870...

thanks.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:27 pm

You should be alright. Write a letter explaining that a PBS print is acceptable and that it has been mentioned in number of places in the UKBA website and also by the Home office staff in their emails.

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered

Post by Vinu karthik » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:58 pm

yes arun...i will do that once i get the response........thank you

JPB

Post by JPB » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi
I have dealt with 2people in your shoes however you need not to write emails questioning them please as this may cause a bias.
when you are suggesting some thing to the case worker be clear and quote the guidance notes . Its unfortunate at this time UKBA have not updated their applications to include hsmp/ tier one migrants on naturalisation applications as they only cover those applicants from 28th october on wards. In case of any problems let me know as am happy to advise further.

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered

Post by Vinu karthik » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:23 pm

hi jpb,

I didn't ask them any question.as u said, i have given them the link to the page of the website which says PBS evidence is enough for the english requirement.I have asked them to clarify the additional need of the document so that i can proceed further....

and definitely i will come back with my updates.....

thanks...

JPB

Post by JPB » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:14 am

That's fine then as am sure u will succeed .
Good luck[*]

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered

Post by Vinu karthik » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:51 am

hi,

This morning I called UKBA and asked about the letter they have sent. The person on the other side got confused about the letter we got asking for the naric letter if the proof of pbs and certificate has been already provided. He told us to wait for 24 hrs and they will give us a call back on the update. he got my ref no. and pulled the records and was satisfied with the proof we sent.

fingers crossed.....

karthik

dishadharmang
Newly Registered

Post by dishadharmang » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:17 am

Hi Vinu,

could you please share the phone number you called ?
I am sure I will have same problem as yours. I have applied first week this month.

Thanks,

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered

Post by Vinu karthik » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:27 am

0870 606 7766....this is the number i called this morning.......

JPB

Post by JPB » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:06 pm

Hi
What am pretty sure you meet the requirenments and you should stop worrying. As long as your qualification is on the point based calculator awarding you 10 points for english language . Stop worrying and wait for your approval. In circumstances its denied please come back to this phone and write me a private message please.
good luck

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered

Post by Vinu karthik » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi

Thank you for the support from this forum....I got the approval today with the invitation letter for ceremony...

Applied on 17 th january

Karthik