ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pankaj20406
Newly Registered

British Naturalisation Application

Post by pankaj20406 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:45 pm

I am with family in Uk since 17 Jan 2008. We were granted ILR on 28 Jan 2013. We qare applying for naturalistaion registration on 06 feb 2014. I realised I had Penalty Charge Notice for Parking in Oct 2008, Mar 2013 & 24 Jan 2014. All paid in time. I have following queries -

1) Since I have 2 PCN in one year will my application may be refused for Good Character requirement?

2) If there is risk I have booked Nationality Checking Service for all applications together. Can other members make application now and I apply 2 months later when there will be 01 PCN in last 12 months.

3) There is no where to declare PCN in AN Form. During Nationality Checking Service do I have to declare separately?

4) If I apply 2 months later the reference signed now & application signed date 2 weeks back still valid or I will have to make fresh application along with references recently signed?

TTOE

Re: British Naturalisation Application

Post by TTOE » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:50 pm

pankaj20406 wrote:I am with family in Uk since 17 Jan 2008. We were granted ILR on 28 Jan 2013. We qare applying for naturalistaion registration on 06 feb 2014. I realised I had Penalty Charge Notice for Parking in Oct 2008, Mar 2013 & 24 Jan 2014. All paid in time. I have following queries -

1) Since I have 2 PCN in one year will my application may be refused for Good Character requirement?

2) If there is risk I have booked Nationality Checking Service for all applications together. Can other members make application now and I apply 2 months later when there will be 01 PCN in last 12 months.

3) There is no where to declare PCN in AN Form. During Nationality Checking Service do I have to declare separately?

4) If I apply 2 months later the reference signed now & application signed date 2 weeks back still valid or I will have to make fresh application along with references recently signed?

You don't need to disclose these Parking penalty charge notices, for as long as you paid in full and in time. Nothing to worry about. Absolutely not necessary for you to mention them at your appointment.

Parking tickets???

pankaj20406
Newly Registered

Post by pankaj20406 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:00 am

Thanks for your reply.

Shall I go ahead with the application now ? Does it mean above PCN on the ground of good character application will not be refused? I am worried there are 2 in one year.

Please advice.

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:03 am

It is not going to impact your application so you may as well apply now.

pankaj20406
Newly Registered

Post by pankaj20406 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:31 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply. Last thing - When I had PCN in Mar 2013 I informally challenged it thro email but the wordings were mercy appeal to waiver. it came back saying I have not stated any reason so that they consider to waiver. I paid the money well within time. Just to clarify I never had any caution, Warning or any points on my license or any where. Hope this challenge which was not successful does not become the ground.

pankaj20406
Newly Registered

Post by pankaj20406 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:46 pm

I would be grateful if you can reply my last & final post for this purpose. Your help is much appreciated

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:23 pm

pankaj20406 wrote:I would be grateful if you can reply my last & final post for this purpose. Your help is much appreciated
You absolutely don't need to mention these PCN (parking tickets) in your application. All the best...

pankaj20406
Newly Registered

Post by pankaj20406 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:58 pm

Thanks for reply. I just remember I paid Congestion charges in full & in time twice before. Do I need to declare this in the application. Also does that count ground for refusal of application under good character. I am applying next week tuesday. Request to reply soon. Many thanks in appreciation.

Regards,

pankaj20406
Newly Registered

Post by pankaj20406 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:35 pm

I will appreciate your reply before I send my application. Thanks in anticipation.

pankaj20406
Newly Registered

Post by pankaj20406 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:43 pm

Your kind help (reply to my last post) will be highly appreciated.

pankaj20406
Newly Registered

Post by pankaj20406 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:21 pm

My british nationality is in progress. Two things I paid congestion charge on 2 accounts and yesterday was issued a penalty fare notice on south eastern for travelling beyond validity. I had valid day travel card Zone 1-4 however I was in zone 5. I have paid all this in time. Are these become ground of rejection under good character. Please advise as I am really worried.

anotherbrickinthewall

Post by anotherbrickinthewall » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:33 pm

[quote="pankaj20406"]My british nationality is in progress. Two things I paid congestion charge on 2 accounts and yesterday was issued a penalty fare notice on south eastern for travelling beyond validity. I had valid day travel card Zone 1-4 however I was in zone 5. I have paid all this in time. Are these become ground of rejection under good character. Please advise as I am really worried.[/quote]

Inform them about it. You might be asked for a sworn declaration stating they were honest mistakes with no intention to cheat the state of lawful revenue. You can get this done for a fiver at any solicitor / commissioner of oaths.

pankaj20406
Newly Registered

Post by pankaj20406 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:29 am

Thanks for your prompt reply. . I was advised by TFL member of staff since the next train was 20 mins wait and the train departing next minute was quick travel along with bus journey afterwards. He did not realise the destination station is in zone 5 not zone 4 and so am I. I have appealed as this was sheer mistake and has never happened in my life before. Congestion charge was 2-3 years before and paid in time.
Do I need to declare Congestion as well Penalty Fare Notice?
Do I need to ring UKBA and declare?
Do I have to go to solicitor for SWORN or where do I get the SWORN?
Shall I wait for appeal reply?
Is it FPN?
As this is first one and event happened after 2 weeks of application and also for rejection it should not be more than one in 12 months do I have to worry declaration and rejection?
Please help to advise.

pankaj20406
Newly Registered

Post by pankaj20406 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:49 pm

I will be grateful if you reply my last post. I am waiting for your kind reply. Please help. I also read related post on this website where suggested no action as this is not FPN. Please advise.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:41 pm

pankaj20406 wrote:I will be grateful if you reply my last post. I am waiting for your kind reply. Please help. I also read related post on this website where suggested no action as this is not FPN. Please advise.
My friend forget congestion charge notices as long as you paid on time you are ok. Can you provide clear details about the penalty fare notice. In one line you said you paid and another line you said you appeal. If your appeal goes to court and you lose you can end up with a criminal conviction which will surely affect you BC application.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

pankaj20406
Newly Registered

Post by pankaj20406 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Payment was made on the spot by card and I was said it would not go through for next ten days.I appealed informally and now I got reply saying it was not considered and along they also confirmed payment has been received.

Kindly reply. Please help

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:06 pm

pankaj20406 wrote:Payment was made on the spot by card and I was said it would not go through for next ten days.I appealed informally and now I got reply saying it was not considered and along they also confirmed payment has been received.

Kindly reply. Please help
Who replied to you ? Once this has not gone to any court forget it and be careful to avoid any REAL convictions that can truly impact you BC application.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

pankaj20406
Newly Registered

Post by pankaj20406 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:00 pm

Appeal was made & Reply from the IPFAS (The Independent Penalty Fares Appeal Service) stating Penalty Fare rules work in conjunction with the Natioanl rail Conditions of Carriage (NRCOC). The Decision was "regret to inform that your appeal has been unsuccessful and confirmed that payment has been made in full & no outstanding amount.

Please reply and advise do I need to state anything to UKBA.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:43 pm

No you should be ok. It's not regarded as a criminal conviction. Read here for your own peace of mind. http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/c ... y_fare.htm

Magik009
Newly Registered

Post by Magik009 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Hello Friends,

I have a question, please help me if you can, Back in June 2012 I got 3 points(outside court) for speeding and another 3 points and FPN for using mobile whilst driving in Nov 2012 (outside court), should I mention them in my application or should I simply send my counterpart with out mentioning them in my application?

Thanks & Regards