ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Drink-driving and British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Karnavati

Post by Karnavati » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:51 am

Thanks Amber.

Desert Storm
Newly Registered

British Nationality & Conviction

Post by Desert Storm » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi

Applied my BC on 18th Oct 2013 with the following

1) DR10, 9 months ban, 300 fine on 07/07/2009
2) CU80, 60 fine, 2 points on 22/09/2010 FPN
3) Speeding but no FPN or Court as I went to an Awareness Course by police on 18/09/2013

Lets see whats the result I get :)
Last edited by Desert Storm on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:51 am

Hi,

I got 6 points on my license as I lost my appeal in the court for driving with out insurance I'll go a head with my application for my BC I would like to request every one on this forum please kindly keep this forum updated with their results for their BC application.

I know I am going to take a big gamble now lets see how it goes with me but I've decided clearly not to mention any thing on my application as the same thing happened to one of my friend and he did the same thing and he got his Naturalization gone through smoothly I am trying to attempt the same thing and lets see how it goes I can't live this stressful life any more if I get the rejection I don't really think so that my life will end or I'll die still have got ILR to live in this country which is enough for me.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:02 am

hey smam haven't heard from you for a while, where have you been mate!!

Good luck with your application my friend.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:05 am

Smam wrote:Hi,

I got 6 points on my license as I lost my appeal in the court for driving with out insurance I'll go a head with my application for my BC I would like to request every one on this forum please kindly keep this forum updated with their results for their BC application.

I know I am going to take a big gamble now lets see how it goes with me but I've decided clearly not to mention any thing on my application as the same thing happened to one of my friend and he did the same thing and he got his Naturalization gone through smoothly I am trying to attempt the same thing and lets see how it goes I can't live this stressful life any more if I get the rejection I don't really think so that my life will end or I'll die still have got ILR to live in this country which is enough for me.

But it seems like you have a conviction from court which is not a good thing to have on your record particularly when you apply for BC but experts would be able to comment on it better then me as the chances are pretty slim I am afraid but I wish you best of luck with your application.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:57 am

I'll warn you Smam that if you don't mention a conviction which has not lapsed you face refusal and a 10 year ban for deception! When were you convicted?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:42 am

Smam, get appropriate legal advise. I can recommend you a very good solicitor firm based in London. Expensive but worth every penny.

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi,

I got convicted on the 14th Oct 2013 in the Magistrate court. My lawyer didn't explained it properly to the magistrate, even though I got fully comprehensive insurance at that time but I was driving my friends car and without knowing the fact that I am not insured for driving that car.

I'm so confused don't know what to do now I haven't applied till yet if I'll apply and if I'll tell them all these things I'll get the refusal any ways, that's why I wanted to take my chance and just wanted to apply with out mentioning any thing on my application form.

I can't wait in this hell country any longer just wanted to get this out of the way and wanted to leave this country the day I'll get through all that ****.

This forum is always help full to every one that's why I wanted to take some more help this time as well don't know what to do.

Cause I've got this fear in my mind continuously that If I'll wait for another 5 years don't know what will be the rule at that time as they are changing the rules every second.

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:30 pm

I got convicted on the 14th Oct 2013 in the Magistrate court. My lawyer didn't explained it properly to the magistrate, even though I got fully comprehensive insurance at that time but I was driving my friends car and without knowing the fact that I am not insured for driving that car.

I'm so confused don't know what to do now I haven't applied till yet if I'll apply and if I'll tell them all these things I'll get the refusal any ways, that's why I wanted to take my chance and just wanted to apply with out mentioning any thing on my application form.

I can't wait in this hell country any longer just wanted to get this out of the way and wanted to leave this country the day I'll get through all that shit.

This forum is always help full to every one that's why I wanted to take some more help this time as well don't know what to do.

Cause I've got this fear in my mind continuously that If I'll wait for another 5 years don't know what will be the rule at that time as they are changing the rules every second.

Smam, everybody on the forum advised you not to challenge the FPN and avoid at all cost any court procedure. I'm sorry to say but all this pain is self inflicted.

two wrongs don't make a right, if you decide deliberately to hide information to the home office you will be banned for 10 years due to deception. I used to love all your comments in the ILR forum but today you sound desperate. Chill out otherwise you will just get banned again in the forum

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:22 am

You have said that same thing happened to your friend and he was granted naturalization but when was he granted citizenship anytime recently?How long ago was his 'conviction'?Are sure it wasn't even spent and still got BC?

If your friend has been granted citizenship recently with an unspent conviction on his record which according to you he didn't even disclose and still was granted BC then its really confusing that how rules are being implemented and seems like they don't even know themselves as who to refuse and who to grant but hey it at least gives hope to those who have very minor things on their record and gives a hope that if convicts are being given BC then those who haven't got anything on record shouldn't be worried :)

Smam

Re: British Nationality & Conviction

Post by Smam » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Desert Storm wrote:Hi

2) CU80, 60 fine, 2 points on 22/09/2013 FPN
3) Speeding but no FPN or Court as I went to an Awareness Course by police on 18/09/2013

Hi,

I really admire your bravery mate. I am very closely following your application please keep this forum updated with your result for your Naturalisation.

Have you mentioned every conviction on your application form ??

Good luck and waiting for your reply.

Desert Storm
Newly Registered

Post by Desert Storm » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:47 pm

[quote="Smam"][quote="Desert Storm"]Hi

Lets see whats the result I get :)[/quote]

Hi,

I really admire your bravery mate. I am very closely following your application please keep this forum updated with your result for your Naturalisation.

Good luck and waiting for your reply.[/quote]

Yup Mentioned everything rather than hiding and getting refused lets see if my honesty pays off...

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:33 am

Desert Storm wrote:
Smam wrote:

Hi,

Yup Mentioned everything rather than hiding and getting refused lets see if my honesty pays off...
Desert Storm Based on the current rules you should be ok as you don't have more than 1 FPN in the last 12mths. The only issue is if the caseworker decides there is a pattern of offending which is rarely seen on this forum.....all the best.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Desert Storm
Newly Registered

Post by Desert Storm » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:12 pm

[quote="Desert Storm"]Hi

Hi All

made an error actually my second FPN conviction was back in 2010 so I guess hopefully I should be granted BC InshAllah...as HEISGOOD suggested

Desert Storm
Newly Registered

Post by Desert Storm » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:15 pm

[quote="Heisgood"][quote="Desert Storm"][quote="Smam"][quote="Desert Storm"]Hi

Hi,

Good luck and waiting for your reply.[/quote]

Yup Mentioned everything rather than hiding and getting refused lets see if my honesty pays off...[/quote]

[b]Desert Storm[/b] Based on the current rules you should be ok as you don't have more than 1 FPN in the last 12mths. The only issue is if the caseworker decides there is a pattern of offending which is rarely seen on this forum.....all the best.[/quote]

Hi HEISGOOD hopefull thats what I am hoping that they will not make me an exception and grant me BC. I made an error in the dates actually I dont have any FPN since mobile phone fine and it was in 2010 and not 2013...

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Can one really be ordered to attend a rehabilitation course (awareness) without going to court?

Desert Storm
Newly Registered

Awareness Course

Post by Desert Storm » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:39 pm

[quote="MattSule"]Can one really be ordered to attend a rehabilitation course (awareness) without going to court?[/quote]

Only for Speeding of what I know, again its at the discretion of Police Officer and whether that Police force has this option as not all of them offer it. Also it depends if you were not heavily speeding its only for minor offence above the legal limit.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Desert Storm wrote:
Heisgood wrote:
Desert Storm wrote:
Smam wrote:
Hi,

Desert Storm Based on the current rules you should be ok as you don't have more than 1 FPN in the last 12mths. The only issue is if the caseworker decides there is a pattern of offending which is rarely seen on this forum.....all the best.
Hi HEISGOOD hopefull thats what I am hoping that they will not make me an exception and grant me BC. I made an error in the dates actually I dont have any FPN since mobile phone fine and it was in 2010 and not 2013...
Desert Storm Once you meet all the other requirements you should be fine. Your non-custodial sentence has expired (3yrs) and you have no FPNs in the last 12mths. IMO the caseworker has to be very very unreasonable to reject you application based on what you quote here.Drive carefully, relax and hope for the best. Keep the forum posted.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:30 pm

Desert Storm were you successful in your application for BC?

Desert Storm
Newly Registered

Post by Desert Storm » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:51 pm

[quote="navalaviator"][quote="Desert Storm"]Hi

[b]Desert Storm[/b] were you successful in your application for BC?[/quote]

Unfortunately still waiting for the decision :(

Desert Storm
Newly Registered

Post by Desert Storm » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:00 pm

[quote="Desert Storm"][quote="navalaviator"][quote="Desert Storm"]Hi

2) CU80, 60 fine, 3 points on 22/09/2010 FPN

[b]Desert Storm[/b] were you successful in your application for BC?[/quote]

Unfortunately still waiting for the decision :([/quote]

Finally I am British Citizen...received letter in post today however it was dated 31/101/14...Good Luck to all of you :)

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: Drink-driving and British Citizenship

Post by navalaviator » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:44 am

Congratulations Desert Storm :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A ray of hope for our friend smam :D

Desert Storm
Newly Registered

Post by Desert Storm » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:19 am

[quote="navalaviator"][color=#FF0000]Congratulations[/color] Desert Storm :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A ray of hope for our friend smam :D[/quote]

Yes I really hope he is lucky, Smam really messed up by appealing it in court and getting the fine. Well I wish him luck !!!

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:52 pm

Desert Storm In December I told you that unless you encounter a real unreasonable case worker you should be fine. Glad you crossed the line in the end. Enjoy!

Desert Storm
Newly Registered

Post by Desert Storm » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:20 am

[quote="Desert Storm"][quote="navalaviator"][color=#FF0000]Congratulations[/color] Desert Storm :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A ray of hope for our friend smam :D[/quote]

Yes I really hope he is lucky, Smam really messed up by appealing it in court and getting the fine. Well I wish him luck !!

Thankyou Guys for all your support