ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have a Residence Card, do I need to apply for ROR?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

mbist

Have a Residence Card, do I need to apply for ROR?

Post by mbist » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Hello,
I am going through a divorce with my EEA national wife (who got PR 1 year ago) – Decree Absolute expected in Mar 14. The divorce was initiated after 3 years of marriage and I have checked and confident about my 'Retaining Right of Residence' status. I am currently on Residence Card until Mar 2016 and would be eligible for PR in 2 years time (Mar 2016).

1. My solicitor said that I don't need to re-apply for any extension. I am going to write to UKBA once I get Decree Absolute (Mar 14). My question is do I need to really apply for ROR after receiving Decree Absolute? Which form is it?

2. If not, when I write to UKBA, do I need to send any document to show them that our 'Initiation of Divorce’ started after 3 yrs of marriage? Will a letter from solicitor saying that 'the petition was filed on such date' be sufficient?

3. Also, will I need to carry all these documents if I travel out of the country just to be sure there is no problem at immigration when I get back? I have all documents from her like her PR attested copy ,etc.

Really look forward for the reply.

Thanks in advance!

maxmelion

Re: Have a Residence Card, do I need to apply for ROR?

Post by maxmelion » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:15 pm

Because ur wife holding PR u r in safe side
Better apply for ror using eea2 .who u dnt know who knows wat gonna happen .most important get the original pr nd keep it . U will get easy ror nd in two year time u can get pr