ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family visitor visa processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Tue May 28, 2013 10:51 am

Manoj79 wrote:My parents have submitted the UK family visitor application on 10th May 2013 at VFS-Chennai. They have visited UK in 2008 and 2010 (General visitor visa). The VFS representative suggested that it would take at least three weeks to process the family visitor visa and recommended to opt fast service which my parents refused as they were not in hurry to arrive UK.
At the moment the status is showing as under process. I am going to wait and see for another week.
Thanks
Any update on your parents applications..

Any others who applied in Chennai, can you post your timelines please. Previously (about year ago) it was only taking a week ...Can t understand why it is taking 3 weeks now

Manoj79
Newly Registered

Post by Manoj79 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:27 pm

mrproblem wrote:
Manoj79 wrote:My parents have submitted the UK family visitor application on 10th May 2013 at VFS-Chennai. They have visited UK in 2008 and 2010 (General visitor visa). The VFS representative suggested that it would take at least three weeks to process the family visitor visa and recommended to opt fast service which my parents refused as they were not in hurry to arrive UK.
At the moment the status is showing as under process. I am going to wait and see for another week.
Thanks
Any update on your parents applications..

Any others who applied in Chennai, can you post your timelines please. Previously (about year ago) it was only taking a week ...Can t understand why it is taking 3 weeks now
28th May 2013
A quick update: My parents visa has been processed and its now ready for collection: Approximately the whole process has taken 12-13 working days. Tomorrow my parents are going to collect the passport.

blackwheels
Newly Registered

Post by blackwheels » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:33 pm

Can I check whether you submitted original documents or scanned copies? I am fully sponsoring my mother and father and not sure whether I need to send original salary slips and bank statements

alis92005

family visitor visa processing time

Post by alis92005 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:53 pm

My cousin apply visitor visa on 24 Feb 14 and waiting for decision. I send her sponsor and Home Office lady call me for confirmation about her details.
Anyone else receive call from Home Office as a sponsor? Please share if anyone had same experience that will be much helpful for me and her. What that mean they will issue her visa or what??????