ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success with 575 absences in last five years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tier_2_applicant

Success with 575 absences in last five years

Post by tier_2_applicant » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi All,

My wife's citizenship application has been approved. She had 575 absences in last five years. Of these 365 were because of a single trip to India for delivery of our daughter. We provided the following documents with our application:
1. Letter from the GP stating that my wife required care during pregnancy
2. Letter from the doctor in India stating the same
3. Other documents related to her treatment in India.

The lady at NCS was a bit sceptical and advised us not to apply. She even asked us to sign an undertaking confirming that she advised us not to apply as the application might get rejected.

One reason why the case worker may have approved the case is that the absences were during the initial 2 years. So even if the case was rejected now, my wife would have soon become eligible as spouse of BC.

Thought of posting this information as it may be of use to others in similar situation.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Success with 575 absences in last five years

Post by milan69 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:29 pm

I had 120 days of absences in the past year and I applied for discretion. How long did your wife have to wait for her approval and did she apply for disretion?
I am sometimes wrong.

tier_2_applicant

Re: Success with 575 absences in last five years

Post by tier_2_applicant » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:58 am

Applied on 10th Dec and received approval on 22 Feb.
She wrote a short note explaining the situation and requested for excess absences to be ignored.