ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Amnesty for illegal immigrants over 12years

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

violet26

Amnesty for illegal immigrants over 12years

Post by violet26 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:24 pm

I dont know if this has been discussed before or if anybody knows anything more. Ive just heard Boris Johnson on the news saying he supports an amnesty for non EU illegal immigrants who have been here for longer than 12 years. Can anyone give any more info, is it possible??

Casa

Re: Amnesty for illegal immigrants over 12years

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:31 pm

It might well be on BJ's wish list but that doesn't mean it will happen while David Cameron is PM.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

violet26

Post by violet26 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:46 pm

Its a possibilty though and you never know what David Cameron will do if we leave, hopefully he will. An amnesty sounds to make like sense after reading more about what Boris Johnson wants i agree with him;
And, yes, let us take back control of our borders with a sensible, fair and impartial system. And let me take on this issue absolutely directly. Because I am pro-immigration, my friends. I am the proud descendent of Turkish immigrants. And let me stun you, perhaps, by saying I would go further. I am not only pro-immigration, I’m pro-immigrants, but I am in favour of an amnesty for illegal immigrants who have been here for more than 12 years, unable to contribute to this economy, unable to pay taxes, unable to take proper part in society. And I will tell you why: because it is the humane thing to do. It is the economically rational thing do to. And it means taking back control of a system that is at the moment completely out of control.

And if we take back control of our immigration system with an Australian-style points-based system, you will be dealing fairly and justly with every part of the world, and you will be neutralising people in this country and across Europe who wish to play politics with immigration and who are opposed to immigrants. And that is the way forward, to neutralise the extremists by taking back control of our immigration system.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:48 pm

violet26 wrote:Its a possibilty though and you never know what David Cameron will do if we leave, hopefully he will. An amnesty sounds to make like sense after reading more about what Boris Johnson wants i agree with him;

And, yes, let us take back control of our borders with a sensible, fair and impartial system. And let me take on this issue absolutely directly. Because I am pro-immigration, my friends. I am the proud descendent of Turkish immigrants. And let me stun you, perhaps, by saying I would go further. I am not only pro-immigration, I’m pro-immigrants, but I am in favour of an amnesty for illegal immigrants who have been here for more than 12 years, unable to contribute to this economy, unable to pay taxes, unable to take proper part in society. And I will tell you why: because it is the humane thing to do. It is the economically rational thing do to. And it means taking back control of a system that is at the moment completely out of control.

And if we take back control of our immigration system with an Australian-style points-based system, you will be dealing fairly and justly with every part of the world, and you will be neutralising people in this country and across Europe who wish to play politics with immigration and who are opposed to immigrants. And that is the way forward, to neutralise the extremists by taking back control of our immigration system
For anyone who may be confused, the passage in bold is from a speech by Boris, not violet26
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

1kiril
BANNED

Post by 1kiril » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:25 pm

I personally don't think people who have been breaking the law for 12 years should be rewarded for it. No way!

dapto10

Post by dapto10 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:21 pm

It's a gimmick.

Boris Johnson can not be trusted on anything. He makes up stuff on the go, simply put, he claims things that are not true or not entirely true, especially on platforms because nobody can challenge him there. He would never say this in an interview or in front of a TV audience because the journalists or members of the audience will ask additional questions.

It's easier to claim things on a platform with an audience that has come to cheer you and will agree with everything you say. He's talking nonsense, sadly... and (again) playing with people's hopes and fears. And these are REAL people's lives we're talking about. He knows there can't be amnesty at current stage and in the near or not so near future for various reaons and still plays on people's hopes and fears.

Boris Johnson is a joke.

mkhan2525

Post by mkhan2525 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:06 pm

I remember reading a similar article somewhere a few years ago where Boris said the same thing only the figure was 10 years and not 12.

So yes I would take anything Boris says with a pinch of salt.

It's unlikely Cameron will relax the immigration rules for non-eu citizens after the referendum. Only last month I heard there was a leaflet doing the rounds in conservative controlled areas asking them to vote remain and stop non-eu family members coming to the the UK.

violet26

Post by violet26 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:56 pm

He did say it in front of a TV audience, it was on the news!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:06 pm

violet26 wrote:He did say it in front of a TV audience, it was on the news!!!
He has only spoken about it, nothing is set to become part of the rules. Makes no difference where or how he said. HO have removed the 14 year ILR route for migrants that had no legal status etc, it is highly unlikely that they will reintroduce something similar along the same lines. There are already other applications that such migrants can make to legalise their stay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

violet26

Post by violet26 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:16 pm

Such as??? there are no other options really....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:21 pm

Well it depends on your circumstances and you should ask such questions in the relevant sub-forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

violet26

Post by violet26 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:23 pm

I have done before and not got much help or response really, ive tried a couple of times on this site and not really got very far x

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:34 pm

You have previously posted about Ireland and the Surinder Singh route and been given sound advice. Might not be what you want to hear but it has been good, solid advice. Anything you do is going to require some effort and work, it is not easy, especially for a migrant with now status.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:52 pm

violet26 wrote:I have done before and not got much help or response really, ive tried a couple of times on this site and not really got very far x
BJ is not in a position to deliver any such thing and not likely to be in near future.

The only person who knows what goes on in BJ's mind is BJ himself:
http://www.parliament.uk/biographies/co ... hnson/1423
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:30 am

Borris Johnson is just being Boris Johnson. A clawn . A dearly beloved seeking to be normal.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

jammy101
Newly Registered

What does Brexit mean for illegal immigrants?

Post by jammy101 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:01 pm

So now UK will leave EU will it affect illegals? would they get amnesty for example?

Casa

Re: What does Brexit mean for illegal immigrants?

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:14 pm

jammy101 wrote:So now UK will leave EU will it affect illegals? would they get amnesty for example?
Brexit doesn't change anything for those who are here illegally. Although in the future it may give the UK freer rein on returning those without valid leave.
(Casa, not CR001)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:30 pm

jammy101 wrote:So now UK will leave EU will it affect illegals? would they get amnesty for example?
More likely to be put up against a wall and shot.

I'm still in shock!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:44 pm

Wanderer wrote:

I'm still in shock!
For anyone who may be concerned, this is Wanderer's black humour. :roll:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/diction ... ack-humour
(Casa, not CR001)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:32 pm

Which sentence contains the black humour, the first or the second?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:44 pm

secret.simon wrote:Which sentence contains the black humour, the first or the second?
Knowing Wanderer...probably both. :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)

1kiril
BANNED

Post by 1kiril » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:15 pm

It means that they are still illegal and not welcome here. :?

rooibos
Member of Standing

Post by rooibos » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:39 pm

Casa wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

I'm still in shock!
For anyone who may be concerned, this is Wanderer's black humour. :roll:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/diction ... ack-humour
That's dearly beloved! :lol:

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:01 pm

Which is why I posted a link to avoid a similar comment. :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)

sami123
Newly Registered

Post by sami123 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:16 am

there will be amnesty for illegal immigration as Boris Johnson said when he was mayor of london and also said
when he was compaigning for leave EU i hope he will be prime minister to solve your problem because i voted to leave EU to be fair there is lot of people here in uk understand me
thanks