ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settled status applications - Regulations made recently

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alterhase58
Germany

EU settled status applications - Regulations made recently

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:44 pm

This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rooibos
Member of Standing

Re: EU settled status applications - Regulations made recently

Post by rooibos » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:56 am

Can you give us a TL;TR?

And does it mean the settled status is now enshrined in law? I'm still not convinced about it.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:23 am

I don't know anymore than the links show. Appendix EU has been enacted to enable the Settled Status trial in the north-east. Maybe later in the year we get more news.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Post by NikiGio » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:08 pm

rooibos wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:56 am
Can you give us a TL;TR?

And does it mean the settled status is now enshrined in law? I'm still not convinced about it.
Yes - as of July 2018, Settled Status and Pre-Settled Status are now law and govern the rights of EU nationals in the UK on or before the end of the transition period.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ssible.pdf
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:10 pm

The document however refers to specific locations (i.e. around Liverpool and the north-west) - so this is related to a restricted population, i.e. the beta test. Clearly being in the beta test and applying you would want to keep the status. This is not the general roll-out.

Richard W
- thin ice -

April 2019 Changes to Appendix EU of the Rules

Post by Richard W » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:20 pm

The April changes contain one significant change.

Firstly, the term 'EU citizen' has been replaced by 'EEA citizen'. Apart from the expected addition of non-EU EEA nationals, there has been one significant changes. It now only includes British citizens deemed to be covered by the Lounes judgement, as spelt out in the EEA Regulations. Before, being a British citizen did not disqualify one from being an 'EU national'. I suppose we should not be surprised that this loophole has been closed.