ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How doe EU/EEA citizen proof they are legal after Brexit

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Eirikur
Netherlands

How doe EU/EEA citizen proof they are legal after Brexit

Post by Eirikur » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:29 pm

In case you have no EEA3/EEA4

How will you convince especially recruiters for jobs that you are legally in the UK when applying for a job?

As a contractor I swap jobs at least once a year and recruitment agencies will avoid contacting anyone they think is not an easy sale for them.

This is assuming they won't kick out those that are already here.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: How doe EU/EEA citizen proof they are legal after Brexit

Post by Noetic » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Actual Brexit will be AFAIK at least 2 years after the vote. Hopefully there will be some transitory agreement that should allow currently resident EEA citizens to get some form of permit to confirm their rights.

secret.simon

Re: How doe EU/EEA citizen proof they are legal after Brexit

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:41 pm

I would not get worried about it just yet. There is still a 70% chance that the UK will vote to remain. Remember that undecideds tend to vote for the status-quo.

In a worst case situation, get the required documentation under the current rules. It only costs £65.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.