ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA extended family members EU-UK deal?

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Non-EEA extended family members EU-UK deal?

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:47 am

Hi guys,

Does anybody know if there are any purposed change in "surinder singh route" regarding the extended family members (e.g. parents)?

I know there is a thread regarding spouse but could not find anything regarding extended family members. Please, if you guys know anything or can point me towards the appropriate doc/thread that will be great:)

Thanks
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Richard W
- thin ice -

Re: Non-EEA extended family members EU-UK deal?

Post by Richard W » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:12 pm

Precise knowledge is not available - unless you know someone with the responsibility to draft the new directive.

The proposed 'complementation' of the directive is considered, at least in Danish circles, to reverse the Metock judgement. I therefore think the requirement that people entering an EEA country on the basis of the citizen's directive rules on non-EEA family members will be required to already be resident in an EEA country. However, this is only my opinion.

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi UKBALoveStory,

Parents are not extended family members. Extended family members are brothers, sisters, uncle, aunt, nephew etc.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 01, 2016 4:50 am

Hamza2013 wrote:Hi UKBALoveStory,

Parents are not extended family members. Extended family members are brothers, sisters, uncle, aunt, nephew etc.
Parents are direct family members (in the same group as spouses and children) if you prove that they are dependent on you. Proof of dependency is important.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Tue May 03, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi secret.simon,

Thanks for the confirmation, based on your EU-Uk deal research/information, what do you reckon the chances of my parents to travel with me back to UK after June on 5 year residence card? Thanks