ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scared and confused. What should I do?

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Noz03

Scared and confused. What should I do?

Post by Noz03 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 am

Sorry for starting a new post but I didn't think this question/topic fits into any of the other topics.

Me and my Turkish wife do not, and do not want to live in the UK. We have been living in Germany for the last year and a half, and our plan was to live here for 1 more year then move to another EU country (possibly Spain or Portugal).

I know that it is unlikely that the UK will leave the EU within the next year or 2, I am expecting immigration offices to at least make it difficult, if not completely ignore EU law for family members of British citizens. In the best case scenario we would likely get the minimum permit possible and then have problems again soon after.

I am extremely scared right now what will happen, we are a low/unstable income family (she is a masters student and I am a freelance artist).

Does anyone have any general suggestions for us? I am sure there will be a new agreement made for British citizens to live in EU countries, but what about family members? What will happen, and what can we do?

Any advice or information would be much appreciated.
Thanks.