ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK in EU Challenge court case - British expats in EU launch Brexit legal challenge

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

secret.simon

UK in EU Challenge court case - British expats in EU launch Brexit legal challenge

Post by secret.simon » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:55 pm

Another day, another court case taking the UK government to court on Brexit.

As I understand it, this case, by the UK in EU Challenge group, which represents Britons living in France, Italy and Spain, asks the High Court for a judicial review of the Prime Minister's decision to invoke Article 50 in light of the Electoral Commission's findings on BeLeave and Vote Leave.

The government has been given two weeks to respond.

Given the importance of the case, it is expected to be heard in the High Court and judgment delivered by October. It will then very likely be appealed to the Supreme Court for a hearing in late November and judgment in early January (timelines are guestimates).

See this Twitter thread for more details and documents related to the case.

The Guardian - British expats in EU launch Brexit legal challenge

The Independent - British expats living in EU launch High Court bid to have vote overturned
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.