ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Search found 165 matches

by ilovethebeatles
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:40 pm
Forum: British Citizenship
Topic: Few questions about application!
Replies: 26
Views: 776

Re: Few questions about application!

Hello,

I have not started the online application yet but looking at the paper version under "Details of your employment" section, can anyone let me know if the question on Tax reference number is for me (the applicant) or for my employer?

Regards.
by ilovethebeatles
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:36 pm
Forum: British Citizenship
Topic: Few questions about application!
Replies: 26
Views: 776

Re: Few questions about application!

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:06 pm
Thank you CR001. Might be a silly question but just arisen in my mind: does it include also visitor visas (6 month each) I made during my 7 year gap?
I meant the visas were for 6 months but I actually visited only few days each time.
by ilovethebeatles
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:06 pm
Forum: British Citizenship
Topic: Few questions about application!
Replies: 26
Views: 776

Re: Few questions about application!

Thank you CR001. Might be a silly question but just arisen in my mind: does it include also visitor visas (6 month each) I made during my 7 year gap?
by ilovethebeatles
Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:32 am
Forum: British Citizenship
Topic: Few questions about application!
Replies: 26
Views: 776

Re: Few questions about application!

Hi Aman, Thank you for your answer. Another question that has been asked but I am not really sure: “Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad”? I came to the UK on student visas and then left the country for 7 years and came back 6 years ago on Tier 2. Does the quest...
by ilovethebeatles
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:47 am
Forum: British Citizenship
Topic: Few questions about application!
Replies: 26
Views: 776

Re: Few questions about application!

Hi Aman, Thank you for your reply. I am intending to ask a teacher at my children' primary school who knows well about my children to help. Is the teacher at former primary school suitable for my oldest child if my child is now at Year 8 secondary school? I am just thinking using one person for all ...
by ilovethebeatles
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:09 am
Forum: British Citizenship
Topic: Few questions about application!
Replies: 26
Views: 776

Re: Few questions about application!

Hi Aman, Thank you for reply. Regarding 1, I came to the UK 6 years ago, do you mean I have to list also employments before my entry to the UK? Regarding 3, if the governor is not suitable, how do you think using my work colleagues? They know my children very well but from reading the guidance it se...
by ilovethebeatles
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:40 pm
Forum: British Citizenship
Topic: Few questions about application!
Replies: 26
Views: 776

Few questions about application!

Hi all, I am applying for BC next month and after studying the guidance, I have few questions hope you can help clear. I am on 5 year route (Tier 2 General) + 1 year ILR 1. Employment history: do I have to list volunteer/non paid work such as a trustee for a charity organization or governor at a pri...
by ilovethebeatles
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:58 am
Forum: General UK Immigration forum
Topic: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS
Replies: 544
Views: 75108

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Hey guys, just to let you know that today I received a letter from Home Office telling me that they will reimburse the super priority fee for me because they did not make decision within 24 hours. This comes as a surprise because I did not request it. I made application back in November when the new...
by ilovethebeatles
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:51 am
Forum: General UK Immigration forum
Topic: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS
Replies: 544
Views: 75108

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Apparently, it should be color. I uploaded all documents into the folder Proof of Application. This is easy for the caseworker to view documents. Don't worry about the quality of your scanned supporting documents, as long as you can see them clearly. The staff at your appointment center will do the ...
by ilovethebeatles
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:53 am
Forum: General UK Immigration forum
Topic: UKVCAS Super Priority Service
Replies: 3600
Views: 280074

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

The 10% probability of delay is just my own calculation. Before I applied, I had noted down all the cases reported here regarding success/delay using new service super priority and simple statistics told me that around 90% got decisions/letters/BRPs within a week. If we count also people who do not ...
by ilovethebeatles
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:01 pm
Forum: General UK Immigration forum
Topic: UKVCAS Super Priority Service
Replies: 3600
Views: 280074

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

New service is obviously better than old: easy, manageable and quick for paperwork. In terms of decision timing, two issues with your question: (i) At this stage, the choice of super priority or standard is a bit of luck. I was in similar situation asking this question because I have holidays booked...
by ilovethebeatles
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:04 pm
Forum: General UK Immigration forum
Topic: UKVCAS Super Priority Service
Replies: 3600
Views: 280074

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

I uploaded all pages including blank.
venk wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:59 pm
ilovethebeatles wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:49 pm
vent: you can find my experience here: general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvcas-sup ... l#p1712842
Thank you very much! Have you uploaded all the pages having travel stampings of your passport?
by ilovethebeatles
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:49 pm
Forum: General UK Immigration forum
Topic: UKVCAS Super Priority Service
Replies: 3600
Views: 280074

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

vent: you can find my experience here: general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvcas-sup ... l#p1712842
by ilovethebeatles
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:55 pm
Forum: General UK Immigration forum
Topic: UKVCAS Super Priority Service
Replies: 3600
Views: 280074

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Some members recently got it through Royal Mail as well. But mostly through DX. In the past the BRP has also been delivered to me in Royal Mail post. So I am not sure if BRP by DX is a must or they might have changed the system to DX only although some of posts in other forums do suggest that they r...
by ilovethebeatles
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:45 pm
Forum: General UK Immigration forum
Topic: UKVCAS Super Priority Service
Replies: 3600
Views: 280074

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Decision letters come through 2nd class mail. BRPs mostly come through DX. They don't have to be at the same time. DX may say no in the morning but then yes in the afternoon. It took 3 days in my case for it to be updated on DX system after approval email i.e. when I got confirmation from DX call ce...
by ilovethebeatles
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:38 pm
Forum: Indefinite Leave to Remain
Topic: Passport Scanning for UKVAS
Replies: 6
Views: 1842

Re: Passport Scanning for UKVAS

I scanned all pages including blank. Better take few more minutes for peace of mind. Hi there, Do we need to scan all the pages of the passport to upload or the front page with all pages with stamps on? I got new passport and its unused, wondering if I scan just the front page or complete? Thanks!
by ilovethebeatles
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:31 pm
Forum: General UK Immigration forum
Topic: UKVCAS Super Priority Service
Replies: 3600
Views: 280074

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

It is ok CR001 - I was just concerned because I looked into that issue a month ago but perhaps my knowledge is not complete :). That is why I just suggest to check, not advise.
by ilovethebeatles
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:26 pm
Forum: General UK Immigration forum
Topic: UKVCAS Super Priority Service
Replies: 3600
Views: 280074

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

You might have to check if your extension in Jan 18 is still PBS dependent or dependent of the settler (as you said the main applicant got ILR a year ago) because the latter would change your status hugely. No I am tier 2 dependent. As per the new rules from 2012 a tier 2 dependent needs to stay in ...
by ilovethebeatles
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:40 pm
Forum: General UK Immigration forum
Topic: UKVCAS Super Priority Service
Replies: 3600
Views: 280074

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Hi mail9, It is confusing you said "main applicant has already got ILR last year" - are you not main applicant? it was a tier2 dependant extension at 41/2 years as per the new rule and i became eligible by around august 18. so now it is well more than 5 years under tier 2 and main applicant has alre...
by ilovethebeatles
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:07 am
Forum: General UK Immigration forum
Topic: UKVCAS Super Priority Service
Replies: 3600
Views: 280074

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Your message is not clear. Do you mean "mistake with your application" or "mistake with their system"? In my case, I got same message saying it is within standard time but shortly after that a caseworker contacted me about the application. But yes, it appeared that they first contacted me telling me...
cron