ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

notifying HomeOffice

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wbwp
Newly Registered
Mood:

notifying HomeOffice

Post by wbwp » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:56 pm

Hi

I am seeking advise on:
- how to proceed with notifying Home Office of my divorce.
- What supporting materials do I need to provide to them other than visa reference number etc.
- Do I need to inform her employer as she had used this visa to get the job offer.

Brief background:
- The marriage broke down over a year ago after she had secured her job in the UK on spousal visa. She left for India but returned to the UK (I was not aware of her return at that time) on spousal visa and alleged DV.
- I had instigated the divorce and have been cleared of false allegations but despite all that I still haven't notified the relevant parties,given the situation I feel I should let her employer and Home Office know of the situation.
- I am unsure as to what her visa status may be now but I feel she's ticked all boxes in section 4.2 on pg 11 of this form, https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -04-17.pdf

I look forward to hearing from you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: notifying HomeOffice

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:06 am

It is not your responsibility to inform her employer and you should not do so either.

You were required to inform HO of your relationship breakdown at the time it happened on the prescribed form, link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nsent-form

HO will do what they feel necessary and curtail her visa. You will likely not be kept informed on the process.

For DV claims, she needs substantial evidence that this has occurred. It is not up to you to decide what boxes she ticks or what visa she qualifies for. Your only responsibility in terms of her visa is to inform HO that the relationship has broken down and this should have been done when that occurred not so long after the fact.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.