ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Start-up visa and already having a registered company

Only for Start-Up Visas and Innovator Visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zabrinraziq
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Start-up visa and already having a registered company

Post by zabrinraziq » Mon May 03, 2021 12:16 pm

I'm going to apply for a start-up visa as I already got the Endorsement letter,
I was in the UK for the last 12 years, I returned to my country to apply for a visa when I was in the UK in 2017, I was a sub-contracted courier with an agent company who provides the drivers to big providers in the UK, agent company asked us to register for a company to save on their taxes, I opened the company in 2017 for only receive my wages, just my self worked as a driver with a company name, I didn't do any business or production, and the last month I resigned my self as a director and I appointed a new director to he company, as per now I don't have any control in the company also I'm not holding any shares,

My question is, If I apply for a Start-up visa will this company register make an issue?
If it will, what will be the solution?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Start-up visa and already having a registered company

Post by sah10406 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:03 pm

zabrinraziq wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:16 pm
My question is, If I apply for a Start-up visa will this company register make an issue?
Almost certainly, yes. It depends when you started the company, and what was your visa type at the time. See Immigration Rules Appendix Start-up:

SU 6.1. The applicant must not have previously established any business in the UK which commenced trading, unless this business commenced trading during the applicant’s last period of permission and that permission was for any of the following routes:
(a) Start-up; or
(b) Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur); or
(c) Student on the doctorate extension scheme.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... x-start-up

Previous businesses are one of the things an endorsing body needs to check when deciding whether to endorse you. See the guidance for endorsing bodies, page 17:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-guidance

So either they didn't check, or they checked but you meet one of those exceptions, or they checked but you did not answer truthfully.
zabrinraziq wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:16 pm
If it will, what will be the solution?
Unless you meet one of the exceptions, and the endorsing body notes that in their endorsement, there is no solution. You may need to look into applying under the Innovator route instead.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.