ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Card Delivery time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SHANKARK

BRP Card Delivery time

Post by SHANKARK » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:28 am

Hi There,

I got my Indefinite leave on the 28th March'12. I was told that the BRP card will sent by post within 3-7 working days. I still haven't received it.

Does anyone has any idea on the lead times on this?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:49 am

It shouldn’t take that long. I have seen on this forum that people are getting BRPs in 4 to 7 days. Are you sure you didn’t miss the courier ?

Also, I would advise to contact UKBA on this email address.

**********************This is from UKBA***********************

We have also introduced an email service to replace our biometric residence permit helplines (0300 123 2412 and 0300 123 4699).’

Applicants should now email:

BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk if there is an issue with the delivery of your biometric residence permit

BRPError@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk if there is an error on your biometric residence permit;

BRPLost@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to report the loss or theft of a biometric residence permit; and

employerBRPverification@ukba.gsi.gov.uk if you are an employer or sponsor and you want to confirm that a biometric residence permit is valid.

SHANKARK

Post by SHANKARK » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:04 pm

linkers wrote:It shouldn’t take that long. I have seen on this forum that people are getting BRPs in 4 to 7 days. Are you sure you didn’t miss the courier ?

Also, I would advise to contact UKBA on this email address.

**********************This is from UKBA***********************

We have also introduced an email service to replace our biometric residence permit helplines (0300 123 2412 and 0300 123 4699).’

Applicants should now email:

BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk if there is an issue with the delivery of your biometric residence permit

BRPError@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk if there is an error on your biometric residence permit;

BRPLost@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to report the loss or theft of a biometric residence permit; and

employerBRPverification@ukba.gsi.gov.uk if you are an employer or sponsor and you want to confirm that a biometric residence permit is valid.
Thank you. Probably not as there was no card left if the delivery attempt was unsuccessful. I will contact them and see.

wilayatmalik
Newly Registered

Post by wilayatmalik » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:09 pm

Yes, I received my BRP in 3 days and my appointment was on 28th March as well.

Thanks,
Wil

theKG
Newly Registered

Post by theKG » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:35 pm

I got my in a week.
Applied on 6 June at Croydon.
BRP arrived on 14 June

clamaa
Newly Registered

Post by clamaa » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:35 pm

I attended appointment at Croydon on 27 June, and have not received my Biometric.

Any one attended similar time?

il_003
Newly Registered

Post by il_003 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:54 pm

I got my passport back on Feb 4 but didn't receive my BRP till today. If I have missed the post man (e.g. I was away when he delivered) would he leave a note as they usually do or would he return the BRP to the home office? Plus, anybody knows which courier the home office uses to deliver BRPs? Do they use the Royal Mail? Thanks!

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:27 am

They use DX Courier to deliver BRPs.

You need to contact UKBA on one of the emails above for your BRP.

Also call DX and ask if they have any package for you.

NiceCareing

NO BRP!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by NiceCareing » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi

I got my passport 2 weeks ago but did not get my BRP till today. I emailed UKBA and they replied

"This is not a delivery issue as the production of the BRP has been delayed due to a technical issue. This enquiry has been passed to the appropriate team who are aware of this issue and who will contact you in due course."

Is any one else is in same situation? I am very MUCH worried as alot of people receiving BRP everyday why in My case " technical issue" ???????

Cheers

Nice

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:37 am

There are several people on here who mentioned that the UKBA said their BRP's are delayed due to a technical issue. Mine is also overdue now and I'm waiting for a response from them (which I'm sure will also be that it's due to some technical issue).

I wouldn't worry about it.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:41 am

The machine with print BRP cards was out of order for last couple of weeks. It's back up and running, people have started to receive their BRP cards now

nithinnambiar
Newly Registered

Post by nithinnambiar » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Got this email today

"We have experienced a high demand for Biometric Residence Permits which has resulted in some delays in the production and delivery. Your BRPs will be delivered within the next 3-7 working days"

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:04 pm

Got the same reply.

We have experienced a high demand for Biometric Residence Permits which has resulted in some delays in the production and delivery. Your BRPs will be delivered within the next 3-7 working days

nithinnambiar
Newly Registered

Post by nithinnambiar » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:34 pm

i guess even someone who hasn't applied for visa would have got the same reply!

srkonline
Newly Registered

Post by srkonline » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:48 pm

Hello Nice

Did you hear anything back from UKBA or BRPP delivery.
Just now, I also received similar text as your saying technical issue. If yes please give some timlines information.

Thanks

albin8034
Newly Registered

Re: BRP Card Delivery time

Post by albin8034 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:07 pm

Hello guys,

Got a letter from DX courier asking me to request a re-delivery. I called them immediately and was told they tried to deliver my parcel and was told I don't live at the address, which is not the case. I was also told that the only solution to this is to get UKBA to authorise them to redeliver. They gave me the UKBA an email address to send the request to. I have already sent the email but was told it will take up to 5 working days for them to reply to my email.

Has anyone being in this position before? Please share your experiences? I will appreciate your response.

Thanks for your precious time

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:13 pm

You can arrange to collect from DX Courier at one of the collection centres and take proof of address with you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

albin8034
Newly Registered

Post by albin8034 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:32 pm

Thanks CR001.

I tried doing that but they told me they will need an authorisation from UKBA before they do so.

I have sent an email to the UKBA and got an automated response saying they will contact me within 5 working days.

Please share your experiences.

Kind regards

itsme1
Newly Registered

Post by itsme1 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:04 pm

albin8034 wrote:Thanks CR001.

I tried doing that but they told me they will need an authorisation from UKBA before they do so.

I have sent an email to the UKBA and got an automated response saying they will contact me within 5 working days.

Please share your experiences.

Kind regards
I HAVE SAME ISSUE CAN YOU PLEASE HELP HOW YOU GOT IT SORTED AS SOME JERK SAID TO THE DELIVERY OFFICE THAT I MOVED OUT THE HOUSE WHICH IS SO NOT TRUE LOOKING FORWARD FOR A REPLY PLEASE

esperance_vv
Newly Registered

Post by esperance_vv » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:08 pm

I'm in exactly the same situation. I applied for my visa at the premium centre in Liverpool on the 5th of July 2016, got a letter saying my application was successful, waited for my visa (which never arrived) for 10 working days, reported it on the 15th of July and still haven't received any answer. I don't know what to do so I guess I'll just have to wait for their reply... Let me know if you've received your visas but in any case your post made me feel a bit less worried because it seems like they've messed it up, not me, so thanks a lot!

Aamir2016
Newly Registered

Post by Aamir2016 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:18 pm

I have applied twice on automated e-mail system and today recieved a reply from their technical team that
"there is a problem with there technical system therefore as of today they have not yet made my BRP cards.As the system failure is rectified they will prepare BRP cards shortly "
This reply also came from Technical team of BRP division ;not from automated Home office site.Please keep me updated on any thing new from your side ;

esperance_vv
Newly Registered

Post by esperance_vv » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:47 pm

I got my visa today and here's the story. Yesterday I decided to call DX (the delivery company the UKVI uses) to ask if they have something for me. Here is their number: 0844 371 0000. They asked me for a tracking number several times, I just had to wait until eventually the automated system said: if you don't have a tracking number, press star. So I did and got connected to a member of staff there. He asked me for my postcode (it's my work address) and my name and then told me they had actually had something for me, tried to deliver it a couple of times and then eventually delivered it on Tue the 26th to someone called J.Prime. So they gave my visa away to someone random and didn't even ask them for an ID! I was so angry and worried that I wouldn't be able to find that person. But when I came to work today, I spoke to the receptionists and they found the guy for me and he had my visa! I was so relieved... The UKVI really messed up the address though. They forgot to put down my last name, the floor number and the name of the company so the delivery people couldn't find me because they didn't know which company to go to (we have a few in the building) and couldn't be bothered to look so they just gave it to literally the first person they saw in the building.

I'd recommend giving DX a call because even though you got a message about technical issues, it might be just another automated message. And if you ask DX, at least you'll know for sure if they have anything for you or if it is really a problem with the UKVI being late. I really hope you will get your visas soon! Good luck and let me know when you get them or if there is anything else I can help you with. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Mexican2
Newly Registered

Post by Mexican2 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:10 am

Hi ,
Send an email to BRP OA TECH. Send an email to your local MP. If you still dont get a reply from them. Then
file a case against home office through money claim online and you will get a reply immediately. I could see that home office cannot take more than 4 years to fix a problem. This is something fishy and needs an investigation from BBC or Channel 4.
I myself got so frustrated with home office as I too could not do anything. But I would recommend anyone to keep a written record (email) so they can get the money back when you receive the BRP card.

with all goood wishes

Aamir2016
Newly Registered

Post by Aamir2016 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:00 pm

Its 30th July today and till today I could not get any reply further.I am calling daily now to DX Courier as advised by" esperance_vv " however no hope yet.Yesterday called home office again and after a long wait and deduction of tens of pounds from my credit what they replied was Pathatic and that was " Your Cards will arrive shortly"...Really getting frustrated...What good it made of applying through premium booking when I cant start new Job as my employer is not ready to accept me without BRP Cards.

esperance_vv
Newly Registered

Post by esperance_vv » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:22 pm

I really hope you'll get your brp cards soon, you've been waiting for about a month now. And you are so right, what's the point in the premium service if you don't have the brps anyway.