ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HCI London Unique case - Damaged And Re-issue at same time

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mendonsajohn
Newly Registered

HCI London Unique case - Damaged And Re-issue at same time

Post by mendonsajohn » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Hello,

My current India passport expires on 5th May 2012 so I went to submit it for re-issue on 12th Mar 2012. However when I went up to the counter at HCI London, the gentleman informed me that my passport was actually considered damaged since the lamination on one of the pages had come loose. Therefore, I had to go to counter number 7 and fill out a "damaged passport" application. Then I went back to the original counter (#2) and re submitted it. I was asked to come back "after a month" and my receipt says "no date". I have a few questions regarding this -

1. Does any one know the procedure for collecting the passport? Since I don't have a specified date I cannot be sure that my name will be called so I assume I have to stand in line in the morning again and get a token? Is this correct? Is there a number I can call to find out if my passport is ready?

2. I have an ILR - which was stamped in the passport that I have handed in. Will I get back this passport? If I don't get back this passport will I have to re-apply for an ILR?

3. I have heard that often the procedure takes much, much longer than a month. In this case what happens if it takes beyond my passport expiry date? Am I breaking the law by being in the UK After that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:05 am

Have you collected the passport yet? Please update us.