ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport Interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vivjani
Newly Registered

British Passport Interview

Post by vivjani » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi,

I had my British passport interview and I messed it badly. I gave the year of my marriage and the year of birth of my mom wrong.

I am really stressed out now that I will be refused the Passport. I the end the lady interviewing also said that they have to carry more checks..
not sure what will happen if the passport is refused. will I have to apply again or will I be asked for more documentation
Regards..

cricinfo

Re: British Passport Interview

Post by cricinfo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:20 pm

vivjani wrote:Hi,

I had my British passport interview and I messed it badly. I gave the year of my marriage and the year of birth of my mom wrong.

I am really stressed out now that I will be refused the Passport. I the end the lady interviewing also said that they have to carry more checks..
not sure what will happen if the passport is refused. will I have to apply again or will I be asked for more documentation
Regards..
After attending the ceremony you have already become British citizen so eventually you will get your passport. If they have to carry more checks on your case then this could delay your passport. I would advise you to track your application with IPS tomorrow and see what they say. Normally if your interview was ok then they will tell you that your passport has been printed and you will receive your passport in 3 - 5 working days.

vivjani
Newly Registered

Post by vivjani » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:49 pm

cricinfo wrote:

Regards..
After attending the ceremony you have already become British citizen so eventually you will get your passport. If they have to carry more checks on your case then this could delay your passport. I would advise you to track your application with IPS tomorrow and see what they say. Normally if your interview was ok then they will tell you that your passport has been printed and you will receive your passport in 3 - 5 working days.
-------------------------------------------------------/--------------------------
Thanks. I will follow up with them. Hope things turns out well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I called them today and they said the interview was successfull. I should be getting the passport in couple of days time. What a relief!
Thanks for your assurance yesterday. It was quite helpful.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:41 am

vivjani wrote:
cricinfo wrote:

Regards..
-------------------------------------------------------/--------------------------
Thanks. I will follow up with them. Hope things turns out well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I called them today and they said the interview was successfull. I should be getting the passport in couple of days time. What a relief!
Thanks for your assurance yesterday. It was quite helpful.
Congratualtion :)