ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 application - marriage certificate query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rolando
Newly Registered

EU1 application - marriage certificate query

Post by rolando » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi,

Made an application for Residence Card in Ireland.

Got a letter back from INIS, granting a stamp 4. The letter also stated a request for further documentation.

One of the requests was for the marriage certificate to be apostilled by the Embassy of the country where the marriage took place (Afghanisation).

Some relevant points:

1. Why didn't they ask for an apostilled version of the marriage certificate when they granted my wife a short visitor visa so that she may enter the country? Where's the consistency?

2. Afghanisation is not a signatory to the Apostille convention - so they wouldn't apostille it anyway...(although they might be able to stamp it with something similar)

Anyway, do I really need to bother doing any of this - or can I just ignore this request?

msPita
Newly Registered

Post by msPita » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi rolando,

After submitting your application how long they took to send you a letter, granting Stamp4. And I will be thankful if you could please share a brief list of docs which you submitted with your app. I am asking this question because we are going to submit our application on coming monday or tuesday

cheers.

rolando
Newly Registered

Post by rolando » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:22 pm

msPita wrote:Hi rolando,

After submitting your application how long they took to send you a letter, granting Stamp4. And I will be thankful if you could please share a brief list of docs which you submitted with your app. I am asking this question because we are going to submit our application on coming monday or tuesday

cheers.
Hi,

It took about 2.5 weeks for the letter to come.

The documents that are required by way of supporting evidence are dependent on your application. Are you employed/self-employed? student? the eu1 explanatory leaflet would be your best bet:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... aflet.pdf
Anyone able to assist me out on my original query?

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:45 pm

The various immigration departments don't communicate with each other and they all request different documentation, therefore lacking consistency. You will need the Afghan embassy to stamp it in some way, shape or form.

When registering our intent to marry in Ireland, my husband, a citizen of Nigeria, was asked to produce is birth certificate with an apostille stamp on it. Nigeria have not signed up to the Hague convention either but we went to the Nigeria embassy and they stamp his birth cert and gave us an official letter to say that his birth cert is a genuine birth cert from Nigeria.

Basically, you need something from the embassy authenticating your marriage certificate.

Whatever you do, do not ignore any requests from them as they can (and probably will) use it against you to refuse your application.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

andyjohnst

Post by andyjohnst » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:50 pm

MsPita - Search my name in posts. I have a detailed post with my experienced which are positive. It may help you.