ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 please help

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eve333
Newly Registered

EU1 please help

Post by eve333 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Hello everyone,

I am Eu citizen and my husband is non-EU. We just got married and we are going to apply for his visa. Unfortunately I am not working or studding so I will apply with a bank statement showing that I have sufficient amount of money in my bank account. The problem is that we don't know how much is sufficient. We are planing to get a bank statement for 2000 euro is that enough?

Thank you forward for your help, it is very important for us.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:09 pm

you need few documents to apply for eu1 form. passport,pps number,marriage cert,address proof,prtb letter,rent lease, applicants payslips,job letter,contract or college letter with insurance cover or socail welfare and fas letter or self sufficent make sure you have enough funds. good luck to you

eve333
Newly Registered

Post by eve333 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Thank you for quick answer. My question is how much money is enough to be considered as sufficient funds?

Because I have passport, pps number, marriage cert, address proof, prtb letter, rent lease. I don't have any college letter or job contract because I am not working or studding. I will pay for insurance but it will not cover me when we will apply. The thing is that I am afraid if 2000 euro is not enough as sufficient funds.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:36 pm

i am not sure 2000 euro is self suffient fund.i think you can contact with www.mrci.ie www.immigrantcouncil.ie ,www.solvit.ie they all are free for legal advise good luck

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:02 pm

eve333 wrote:Thank you for quick answer. My question is how much money is enough to be considered as sufficient funds?

Because I have passport, pps number, marriage cert, address proof, prtb letter, rent lease. I don't have any college letter or job contract because I am not working or studding. I will pay for insurance but it will not cover me when we will apply. The thing is that I am afraid if 2000 euro is not enough as sufficient funds.
No one knows how much money is considered sufficient funds but I would imagine you would need just over the social welfare amount per week per person left after you have paid your rent. You will also need to show on the bank statement that there is a steady flow of money coming in from somewhere every month. You can't just put €2,000 in there for the purpose of applying for EU1. They will ask for bank statements covering at least 3 months (possibly more). You also need medical insurance for your husband and yourself (and any children or dependent family members) if you apply under self sufficient. It might be worth your while to get a part time job (if you are able to).
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:42 pm

[quote="Monifé"][quote="eve333"]Thank you for quick answer. My question is how much money is enough to be considered as sufficient funds?

Because I have passport, pps number, marriage cert, address proof, prtb letter, rent lease. I don't have any college letter or job contract because I am not working or studding. I will pay for insurance but it will not cover me when we will apply. The thing is that I am afraid if 2000 euro is not enough as sufficient funds.[/quote]

No one knows how much money is considered sufficient funds but I would imagine you would need just over the social welfare amount per week per person left after you have paid your rent. You will also need to show on the bank statement that there is a steady flow of money coming in from somewhere every month. You can't just put €2,000 in there for the purpose of applying for EU1. They will ask for bank statements covering at least 3 months (possibly more). You also need medical insurance for your husband and yourself (and any children or dependent family members) if you apply under self sufficient. It might be worth your while to get a part time job (if you are able to).[/quote] MONIFE IS RIGHT ABOUT EU TREATY RIGHT