ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-9 Months Unpaid Maternity Leave on Teir 1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Monasheikh
Newly Registered

ILR-9 Months Unpaid Maternity Leave on Teir 1

Post by Monasheikh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:25 pm

Dear users/mods,

I stumbled onto this board a few weeks ago and the info here has been very useful; thanks to all who have taken initiative to post/write.

I hoped to have some advice on my situation.

I am due to apply for ILR in July

I have spent:
2 years on HSMP
3 years on tier one migrant- completing in July

During 2009 -my first year as Tier 1 Migrant- I took 9 months of unpaid maternity leave/break.

I was financially independent and used savings and lived okay-ish for 9 months when I did not work. I could not work due to pregnancy related sickness and when the job I was working came to an end I decided to take it easy till I have my baby.

I am applying on my own with my son who is my dependent who is UK born.

My question is what should I show as evidence of my economic activity for the 9 months of unpaid maternity break?

Is this period going to disqualify me from ILR? I was resident in UK all of the 9 months except for 6 weeks when I went home after delivery.

Thanking in advance for your suggestions.

Monasheikh
Newly Registered

Post by Monasheikh » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:52 pm

Hi All,

:cry: Sad to see that no one has replied to my post.

I have read through SET0 Form + Guiadance + relevant Immigration rules that apply to ILR via Tier 1 Gen. And I have not managed to get any indication if its alright or not.

Will my application be accepted? Or is a 9 month unpaid maternity break disqualify me.

Is it too complex for PEO application and I should be better off posting it?

Hoping for some suggestions. Thanks

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:58 pm

You should be fine ..... given that for ILR they ask for last 12 months salary ... also one of my close friend who is a banker was sitting at home for 8 months without work in 2008-2009 ... and he got his ILR last month ... So i think you should be fine .. I would suggest you go to POE office ...

Monasheikh
Newly Registered

Post by Monasheikh » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:57 pm

Thanks for response, I appreciate it.

jan77

Post by jan77 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:43 pm

pkumar wrote:You should be fine ..... given that for ILR they ask for last 12 months salary ... also one of my close friend who is a banker was sitting at home for 8 months without work in 2008-2009 ... and he got his ILR last month ... So i think you should be fine .. I would suggest you go to POE office ...

kindly throw more light why would you suggest she uses PEO?... Thanks
The purpose of this world is God

jan77

Re: ILR-9 Months Unpaid Maternity Leave on Teir 1

Post by jan77 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:51 pm

Monasheikh wrote:Dear users/mods,

I stumbled onto this board a few weeks ago and the info here has been very useful; thanks to all who have taken initiative to post/write.

I hoped to have some advice on my situation.

I am due to apply for ILR in July

I have spent:
2 years on HSMP
3 years on tier one migrant- completing in July

During 2009 -my first year as Tier 1 Migrant- I took 9 months of unpaid maternity leave/break.

I was financially independent and used savings and lived okay-ish for 9 months when I did not work. I could not work due to pregnancy related sickness and when the job I was working came to an end I decided to take it easy till I have my baby.

I am applying on my own with my son who is my dependent who is UK born.

My question is what should I show as evidence of my economic activity for the 9 months of unpaid maternity break?

Is this period going to disqualify me from ILR? I was resident in UK all of the 9 months except for 6 weeks when I went home after delivery.

Thanking in advance for your suggestions.

just provide all the necessary doc. covering the period...you should be ok I think it is a straight forward case
The purpose of this world is God