ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding tax payment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pamma4455
Newly Registered

Regarding tax payment

Post by pamma4455 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi all,

My tier 1 will going expire on march 2013 I filed a tax return but I didtn paid any amount is this will affect my application

And

From last one year my threshold income is below £35000 now I will going to maintain a £35000 is ukba check for income for two year for extension or just one year

Thanks

Plz reply

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:30 am

My tier 1 will going expire on march 2013 I filed a tax return but I didtn paid any amount is this will affect my application
I'm assuming that this is your tax return for 2010-11 or, if you are keen, 2011-12? I confess that I'm not entirely sure how past tax returns get looked at by CWs, I'm happy to be put right by those who have been through the experience many times before, however I would have thought that the main criterion would be whether a return has been filed rather than how much you paid. After all, if you have only earned x amount you would only be expected to pay the correct amount of tax on it and if that happens to be £0 ......
From last one year my threshold income is below £35000 now I will going to maintain a £35000 is ukba check for income for two year for extension or just one year
They will consider your earnings period whatever that may be.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

REGISTRATION

Post by REGISTRATION » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:13 am

I was speaking to someone who received tier 1 last year and paid little tax , considering the fact that CW dont check tax payment docs or they dont have anyway to confirm with payments.

they only check if you are registered tax payer.

dont know whats correct but advised that fellow to pay full tax otherwise it will be trouble, ppl are very brave

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:15 am

.... yes you are under a legal duty to declare your full income and then pay the relevant amount of tax on it!
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:59 pm

REGISTRATION wrote:I was speaking to someone who received tier 1 last year and paid little tax , considering the fact that CW dont check tax payment docs or they dont have anyway to confirm with payments.

dont know whats correct but advised that fellow to pay full tax otherwise it will be trouble, ppl are very brave
Now home office knows that many applicants have got visa and not paid any taxes , either closed their business or paid nominal taxes

that why now ho is asking at airport about taxes

extn may given be by chance, ILR impossible , even given on false documents can be revoked at any time

so regularise yr tax file before going for extn or ilr

applicant have to update tax file for for initial , extn and ilr tax point oview

pamma4455
Newly Registered

Post by pamma4455 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:12 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
REGISTRATION wrote:I was speaking to someone who received tier 1 last year and paid little tax , considering the fact that CW dont check tax payment docs or they dont have anyway to confirm with payments.

Now home office knows that many applicants have got visa and not paid any taxes , either closed their business or paid nominal taxes

extn may given be by chance, ILR impossible , even given on false documents can be revoked at any time

applicant have to update tax file for for initial , extn and ilr tax point oview
Thanks u so much. For ur replies

One more question for last one year my salary is less then £35000 but now I am managed £35k I gonna apply in march next year that short gap of salary will effect my application?

Thanks

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:16 pm

pamma4455 wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:

Thanks u so much. For ur replies

One more question for last one year my salary is less then £35000 but now I am managed £35k I gonna apply in march next year that short gap of salary will effect my application?

Thanks
in thorey initial , extn and ilr time applicant need to have care of threshold any middle year have no effect unless ho able to prove that all was false

REGISTRATION

Post by REGISTRATION » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:47 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:

This is what I was thinking that they allowed that many tier one for some reason, thousands applied for tier one in last april (2011) on the basis of self employed businesses and later on accountants changed the results into losses and they escaped from tax.

This fellow i mentioned above was very proudly mentioning in public transport that everyone is doing this and they (HO) dont have any way to check the tax record, easy to get the extension and ILR

But as u mentioned now, they do have record and they do check and penalise ppl accordingly.

Only some bad guys cause trouble for all others who are deserving but face tight measures.

jan77

Post by jan77 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:29 pm

...it is better to be safe than to be sorry.keep all your expenses receipts and file your return properly before applying. pray very well for divine favour. Victory is sure.
The purpose of this world is God