ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu citizen and naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

moataz adam

Eu citizen and naturalisation

Post by moataz adam » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:42 pm

hi all
my wife's (EU citizen) application for naturalization was approved last week. They asked her for GINB card. AS an Eu citizen she has no such card,can she send her ID card or driving license instead. secondly, we are passing through hard financial time,in case we couldnt afford to pay the 950 euro, can she ask to postpone her ceremony into the near future.
thank you

adlexy

Re: Eu citizen and naturalisation

Post by adlexy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:59 pm

moataz adam wrote:hi all
my wife's (EU citizen) application for naturalization was approved last week. They asked her for GINB card. AS an Eu citizen she has no such card,can she send her ID card or driving license instead. secondly, we are passing through hard financial time,in case we couldnt afford to pay the 950 euro, can she ask to postpone her ceremony into the near future.
thank you
The letter requesting those documents are generic, as your wife never had a GNIB card, she should reply explaining that. The reason for the request for the GNIB card is basically to dispose of it as EU citizens do not require it.

Your wife can choose not to attend the current ceremony by sending the "submitted document form" back and marking the appropriate box with an "X". However, and potentially, it could be a huge challenge to get another invitation any time soon. As you are aware, with INIS, if you fall off the line, it could take time to find your file again.

I will suggest, if you can manage it any how, get the fund and close that angle.

All the best of luck!

moataz adam

thanks

Post by moataz adam » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:46 pm

thank you very much. appreciate it

Wisco

Post by Wisco » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:26 pm

I was told by a friend who works in INIS not to put off the ceremony if at all possible. I get it about money being tight, but who knows when you might get to do it again- I think next ceremonies are Aug and Oct if you were able to get into them.

moataz adam

Post by moataz adam » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:19 pm

ok, we will try our best to get the money, thank you guys for your help.
God bless ya

scrudu

Re: Eu citizen and naturalisation

Post by scrudu » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:38 am

moataz adam wrote:my wife's (EU citizen) application for naturalization was approved last week. They asked her for GINB card. secondly, we are passing through hard financial time,in case we couldnt afford to pay the 950 euro, can she ask to postpone her ceremony into the near future.
First things first, your wife has not yet received her ceremony invitation, only confirmation that her application has been approved. Apart from sending in an ID, the only thing you have been requested to do is pay the citizenship fee, not accept a date for a ceremony. You can delay payment, but as they say in the grant letter, the fee may increase at any time, so delaying payment could mean you end up paying more. Given the state of the Government's finances, anything is possible on that front. That said, from the time when my husband sent in his fee, it was another 2-3 months before he received an invite to a ceremony, so if you're short of cash, you could hold off a while and hope the fee doesn't change.

Only once your wife has paid the fee will she be offered a ceremony. If, when your wife is offered a date, the date doesn't suit, contact the Department to advise them and send a letter conveying the same. The recent letters from Citizenship do not show the tick box where you could previously accept/refuse the date offered.

moataz adam

Post by moataz adam » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:01 pm

thank you very much scrudu for the valuable advises

Wisco

Post by Wisco » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:37 am

Scrudu, I had a different experience-
The form inviting me to the ceremony also had info about paying, etc, so I wonder if it's changed since your husband go his.
Mine just said, send the money and GNIB card and you won't get any more documentation until you go to the ceremony, where you get your naturalisation cert. If you CAN'T go to the ceremony specified on the form, you tick a box and they reschedule, but not sure what the wait is (at least Aug, as I think that's the next ceremony).