ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A very good experience with UKBA so far

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Javedkhan5555

A very good experience with UKBA so far

Post by Javedkhan5555 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:05 pm

I want to bring your attention to my personal experience and convinced it is not that bad at UKBA as most of people are commenting here. I initially got biometric letter in February but because of rush at Croydon and my inability to go with my dependants to faraway PEO like Derby and Liverpool,etc I sent an email requested UKBA to allow me to register my biometric at post office. They entertained that request and allowed me to enrol biometrics at post office. Later on, i had issues with biometric letter lost in post and they promptly replied and sent another one. There were issues with first name of my dependants and they promised to correct that. They even called me and informed that the corrections have been done. Although it has been a bit slow but i have always got quick response through email and issues have been addressed. My suggestions would be that instead of calling, try to email them and explain your issues( not details but to the point). I am sure they will respond in due course.

manojk005

Re: A very good experience with UKBA so far

Post by manojk005 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:20 pm

Javedkhan5555 wrote:I want to bring your attention to my personal experience and convinced it is not that bad at UKBA as most of people are commenting here. I initially got biometric letter in February but because of rush at Croydon and my inability to go with my dependants to faraway PEO like Derby and Liverpool,etc I sent an email requested UKBA to allow me to register my biometric at post office. They entertained that request and allowed me to enrol biometrics at post office. Later on, i had issues with biometric letter lost in post and they promptly replied and sent another one. There were issues with first name of my dependants and they promised to correct that. They even called me and informed that the corrections have been done. Although it has been a bit slow but i have always got quick response through email and issues have been addressed. My suggestions would be that instead of calling, try to email them and explain your issues( not details but to the point). I am sure they will respond in due course.
It is not that they are bad though they might be working in tough environment with lots of limitations. All negatives comments here are due to frustration. My initial in-country visa application was approved within 10 days in July 2010 whereas more than a month now. Infact they took more than 10 days for payment processing this time while I had my documents back in this duration in 2010. So if I compare then I will be frustrated and sudden increase in the processing time creating havoc for many people who planned as per earlier processing time or urgently need to visit home due to emergency. In this case, many will write negative comments.

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:04 pm

UKBA is not bad. The thing is they are not updating their website. On the website the processing time for tier 2 is still 4 weeks. But actually it is minimum 2 months at the moment. I am waiting for the last 2.5 months and no update inspite that my application is very straight forward extension application. This is the reason that people are frustrated. UKBA should accept the delays and provide the correct processing time on their website. That will satisfy most of the people.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:11 pm

Since we are discussing qualities of UKBA, I would add to defend - You have to appreciate that they have thousands of application coming into them every single day and it is extremely hard or perhaps next to impossible to provide a service like parcel tracking. On contrary, the amount of £ they charged for the some of the applications, they should do better.

Good luck
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

rabh

Re: A very good experience with UKBA so far

Post by rabh » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:13 pm

Javedkhan5555 wrote:I want to bring your attention to my personal experience and convinced it is not that bad at UKBA as most of people are commenting here. I initially got biometric letter in February but because of rush at Croydon and my inability to go with my dependants to faraway PEO like Derby and Liverpool,etc I sent an email requested UKBA to allow me to register my biometric at post office. They entertained that request and allowed me to enrol biometrics at post office. Later on, i had issues with biometric letter lost in post and they promptly replied and sent another one. There were issues with first name of my dependants and they promised to correct that. They even called me and informed that the corrections have been done. Although it has been a bit slow but i have always got quick response through email and issues have been addressed. My suggestions would be that instead of calling, try to email them and explain your issues( not details but to the point). I am sure they will respond in due course.
Hi, You are very lucky to get response from UKBA again and again.
Can you please kindly give the email address you used may be I send in the wrong address.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi Javedkhan,

Can you please give us email address? I did try to find but could not find one.

Javedkhan5555

Post by Javedkhan5555 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:15 am

The email address is AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. It is only helpful when there are issues related to biometrics

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:00 pm

Thanks Javedkhan

jan77

Post by jan77 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:15 pm

This is a developed country isn't? they can do better based on the amount they charge for individual applications.

Staff training and updating your current IT systems to cope with demand (flexibility) is paramount to a successful business. and especially the one THAT VALUES ITS COSTUMER. However, they currently have very ready market so why would they bother with/consider customer delight?
The purpose of this world is God