ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW application on 5th april

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zahdoo
Newly Registered

Post by zahdoo » Tue May 01, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi can someone plz advice me what to do as i have sent the application on the 5th @ nearly 5 pm and ho received it on the 10th. The fees are not deducted yet and no ack letter. :cry: Please tell me wht to do!!!

derlin

Re: PSW application on 5th april

Post by derlin » Tue May 01, 2012 11:29 pm

zahdoo wrote:Hi can someone plz advice me what to do as i have sent the application on the 5th @ nearly 5 pm and ho received it on the 10th. The fees are not deducted yet and no ack letter. :cry: Please tell me wht to do!!!
Hi Zahdoo,

I do understand your anxiety. The chances are; your PSW application may be invalid and may have fallen under grounds for refusal. The deadline for receiving PSW application is 5 April 2012 at 5pm. UKBA states "your application must be submitted by 5 April 2012". Clearly, there is a difference between submitted by and submitted on.

If you chose to submit your application on 5 April 2012, you ought to have used courier to get the application by 5pm of April 5, 2012. I know this is not the advice you expected but take comfort the application fee has not been withdrawn. Instruct your bank to deny UKBA from debiting the application fee.

Read more about the deadline for PSW application from this link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... te-closing

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed May 02, 2012 6:02 am

derlin wrote:
zahdoo wrote:Hi can someone plz advice me what to do as i have sent the application on the 5th @ nearly 5 pm and ho received it on the 10th. The fees are not deducted yet and no ack letter. :cry: Please tell me wht to do!!!
Hi Zahdoo,

I do understand your anxiety. The chances are; your PSW application may be invalid and may have fallen under grounds for refusal. The deadline for receiving PSW application is 5 April 2012 at 5pm. UKBA states "your application must be submitted by 5 April 2012". Clearly, there is a difference between submitted by and submitted on.

If you chose to submit your application on 5 April 2012, you ought to have used courier to get the application by 5pm of April 5, 2012. I know this is not the advice you expected but take comfort the application fee has not been withdrawn. Instruct your bank to deny UKBA from debiting the application fee.

Read more about the deadline for PSW application from this link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... te-closing
as long as the application was submitted via royal mail on 5th April and the envelope will show this the application was submitted in time. There is no 5pm deadline for applications submitted by post. Ukba would have no way of knowing what time the application was submitted.

I presume you sent the application by special or recorded delivery? Does your receipt say whether the application was submitted before the last post?

mrvemuri

Post by mrvemuri » Wed May 02, 2012 1:12 pm

Greenie wrote:
derlin wrote:
Hi Zahdoo,

as long as the application was submitted via royal mail on 5th April and the envelope will show this the application was submitted in time. There is no 5pm deadline for applications submitted by post. Ukba would have no way of knowing what time the application was submitted.

I presume you sent the application by special or recorded delivery? Does your receipt say whether the application was submitted before the last post?
That is right. Good answer.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:39 pm

Greenie wrote:
derlin wrote:
Hi Zahdoo,

A deadline might apply if the postbox collection time was past when you submitted your application. So if for example the last collection from the post box is at 12.30pm and you place your application at 2.00pm then your application will be postmarked for the next day and might be considered late. Every postbox has its own collection times and these are usually written outside the postbox. You could check this for your own peace of mind.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed May 02, 2012 4:28 pm

I would hope that no one sending an application to the UKBA would simply put the application in the post box!

StayingPositive
Newly Registered

Post by StayingPositive » Wed May 02, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi Zhadoo
I'm in a similar (but slightly better, MAYBE) situation. I POSTED my application from London on 03rd April, by first class mail. It still has not been loaded onto the UKBA system, nor the application fee debited from my bank account. So, on the point of processing delay, I've been waiting almost ONE MONTH without acknowledgement or fee deduction. I think there must be others in this situation.

I fully accept what the above person posted about not posting applications. I did.. and so regret it. I did at least do it at the post office not into a post box! The reasons I did it at the time, stupidly, were that I was (a) feeling very very down about spending 3 months post-course completion looking for a job and NO interviews at all, so really wondering if I actually wanted to bloody well stay in the UK, and (b) I had £10 left in my bank account that day - other than the £800 in my savings account of course which I can't touch, and was literally taking the bus instead of the tube to save 70p all week. Now I feel like such a dickhead, giving myself all this stress for saving £5. Ah well, here's hoping my pack is sitting at UKBA in some room waiting to be opened, and not in the hands of some dodgey passport thieving ring. I'm giving until next Friday, 11th May, until concluding that it's lost and I'm truly screwed.

All the best everyone.

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Wed May 02, 2012 6:01 pm

StayingPositive please keep staying positive. I think what you did was alright, you posted it by first class so it will be post marked. From this forum it seems like there are major delays with the processing times, so don't be despaired. I feel your pain about being low on cash, I hope your cash flow situation improves while you're waiting for your visa.

StayingPositive wrote:Hi Zhadoo
I'm in a similar (but slightly better, MAYBE) situation. I POSTED my application from London on 03rd April, by first class mail. It still has not been loaded onto the UKBA system, nor the application fee debited from my bank account. So, on the point of processing delay, I've been waiting almost ONE MONTH without acknowledgement or fee deduction. I think there must be others in this situation.

I fully accept what the above person posted about not posting applications. I did.. and so regret it. I did at least do it at the post office not into a post box! The reasons I did it at the time, stupidly, were that I was (a) feeling very very down about spending 3 months post-course completion looking for a job and NO interviews at all, so really wondering if I actually wanted to bloody well stay in the UK, and (b) I had £10 left in my bank account that day - other than the £800 in my savings account of course which I can't touch, and was literally taking the bus instead of the tube to save 70p all week. Now I feel like such a dickhead, giving myself all this stress for saving £5. Ah well, here's hoping my pack is sitting at UKBA in some room waiting to be opened, and not in the hands of some dodgey passport thieving ring. I'm giving until next Friday, 11th May, until concluding that it's lost and I'm truly screwed.

All the best everyone.
Nefertiiti

StayingPositive
Newly Registered

Post by StayingPositive » Wed May 02, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi Nefertiiti
Thanks so much for your reply to my post, it's strange but it's true that supporting words from someone unknown to me can really help! So thanks again. I did make such a mistake when I was low on cash - BUT the irony now is that a week after I posted it I got a phone call which has resulted in a 6 week paid business consulting contract! So now I have a bit more money, SO SOON after posting my application... Oh cruel world.. haha.
Here's hoping I can follow this with some good news ASAP!!
Cheers
Nick

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Wed May 02, 2012 9:09 pm

See your money situation turned around, so stay positive. The way I see it, is you did everything right so there's no reason you should have any problems. I sent my application in a special delivery envelope and included an extra envelope that was self-addressed. However, my documents were returned to me in a regular envelope, recorded 2nd class delivery.
Even the best laid plans can have issues. Don't think about it, but get on with your life and you'll get feedback, perhaps when you least expect it. Good luck.
Nefertiiti

StayingPositive
Newly Registered

Post by StayingPositive » Thu May 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Thanks again!

TENTATIVE good news.. I've just had approx £600 debited from my bank account (I've been checking every couple of hours all week...) and this HAS to be the £594 application fee. So I'll know tomorrow presumably. Feeling VERY relieved right now, but still need to wait to confirm.

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Thu May 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Look at that, tomorrow you'll be able telling us you got your biometric letter!
StayingPositive wrote:Thanks again!

TENTATIVE good news.. I've just had approx £600 debited from my bank account (I've been checking every couple of hours all week...) and this HAS to be the £594 application fee. So I'll know tomorrow presumably. Feeling VERY relieved right now, but still need to wait to confirm.
Nefertiiti

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Thu May 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Look at that, tomorrow you'll be able telling us you got your biometric letter!
StayingPositive wrote:Thanks again!

Nefertiiti

StayingPositive
Newly Registered

Post by StayingPositive » Thu May 03, 2012 10:07 pm

Haha that would be nice...
I confirm my account has been debited by £594 by Home Office. Oh thank God, all is okay for now. Phew...

milion44
Newly Registered

Post by milion44 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:30 am

I have the same situation, applied on 5th April, yet no fee debited. just to clear the doubts that 5 pm deadline DOES NOT apply on those who submitted their application on 5th April by standard post. However, it is only for Courier services and the application must reach HO on 5th April by 5 pm. So Those who used Royal mail service have nothing to worry about as long as they have submitted on time i.e. 5th April

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:32 pm

I sent my application on 4th they received it on 5th but money has still not been deducted.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:48 pm

Same here i applied on the 5th of April have not rec'd acknowledgement or the money deducted :(

StayingPositive
Newly Registered

Post by StayingPositive » Fri May 04, 2012 3:23 pm

For those applied 4th or 5th April, your fees should be deducted early next week or by the end of the week at the latest, it's just where UKBA at is with processing at the moment. Don't be worried.

milion44
Newly Registered

Post by milion44 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Deepshithole2010 wrote:Same here i applied on the 5th of April have not rec'd acknowledgement or the money deducted :(
Let me know when your fee is debited so that we can follow up with each other in future in terms of biometric letters and BRPs

zahdoo
Newly Registered

psw applied on 5th April

Post by zahdoo » Tue May 08, 2012 8:58 am

I will wait until thur morning then i will go to the croydon office and if they don't answer my query i will withdraw my application. I can't wait anymore, more the 1 month waiting and still no reply yet that's ridiculous. I didn't sleep for the whole thinking about it. Ho can't do like that, they don't even care about people who made an effort to pass an exams and paid a hell lot of money :cry:

milion44
Newly Registered

Post by milion44 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:02 am

hang in there buddy, we all are waiting just like you, dont give up like that.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:30 am

Hi Zahdoo,
Be patient i applied on the 4th of April and just checked it this morning my a/c was debited by £594,so keep your head calm everyone who has applied before the deadline should all have their a/c debited by this week assuming most people have given their card/bank details, postal orders/cheques might take slightly longer. Will let you guys know when i receive my ack letter :)

Post by 791898 » Wed May 09, 2012 12:38 pm

if your payment was not charged, then just pay it asap, i would advise royal mail postal order as the best.

and, according ukba website, if you posted you application on 5 apr at 5pm by special delivery, you should be fine, doen not matter when they receive or it was collected from post office. Otherwise, the time ukba received would be considered as time of submission of your application.

zahdoo
Newly Registered

Post by zahdoo » Fri May 11, 2012 11:05 pm

Finally they took the payment. thank you all for the advice & support!! :D now waiting for ack letter...

milion44
Newly Registered

Post by milion44 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:23 pm

zahdoo wrote:Finally they took the payment. thank you all for the advice & support!! :D now waiting for ack letter...
Same here, let me know when u receive ur ack' letter. I have applied through my solicitor so I will let you guys know when i'll hear it from him, cheers