ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married to european

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

m_a_ibraheem
Newly Registered

Married to european

Post by m_a_ibraheem » Wed May 02, 2012 8:53 am

Hi,
I am from Egypt, if I am married to a slovak girl, am I allowed to stay an work in the UK ? and what are the steps if so ?

Thanks a lot

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed May 02, 2012 9:22 am

where is this 'slovak girl' is she living in the UK and if so what is she doing here (e.g. working/studying?) where did you get married?

m_a_ibraheem
Newly Registered

Post by m_a_ibraheem » Wed May 02, 2012 9:28 am

we are going to meet 1st time in Bratislava within a few weeks
my question is if we get married can I stay with her in the UK ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 02, 2012 9:51 am

So, a girl you have not met is willing to marry you next month and then abandon her situation in her homeland relocate to the UK with you; just like that? You have not elaborated so that's how it seems.

Yes, it is possible if the situation is genuine and credible. You have not elaborated so it's not possible to comment other than to wonder if this new situation is in lieu of the Tier 4 application you were considering in February?. The problem you may have will be proving that this is not a sham. Unfortunately the combination of Middle Eastern husband and Slovakian bride is notoriously cited in such situations so this will raise a red flag. The rapidity of these three events (the meeting, the marriage, the relocation) will likely spark an in-depth investigation into whether your circumstances are genuine. Good luck.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu May 03, 2012 11:05 am

So you're asking for advice about a sham marriage on a forum that deals with genuine families that have had to be apart because of following the rules?

A bit stupid don't you think?
I tell it like it is.

m_a_ibraheem
Newly Registered

Post by m_a_ibraheem » Thu May 03, 2012 3:00 pm

from your words I guess the UK is the worst place on earth to live in ? how do you guys survive ? and are you also dearly beloved to each others as well ??
didnt you know that dearly beloved are just idiots ?
bloody idiots !
go to hell or stay in your country ! both are the same

cherryplum

Post by cherryplum » Thu May 03, 2012 11:31 pm

The comments are not about racisim - its just that it appears to be a sham 'relationship' way it seems with the amount of information you have give. If it's genuine, give more information and you will get better replies.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri May 04, 2012 8:33 am

Cherryplum is completely correct and your response does nothing to change those opinions about your situation and what you might expect if you make an application for an EEA permit. You have asked for advice and been given a good and correct answer based on the information provided. Where are your arguments against the comments you have received so far, as one might expect from someone who is a genuine situation but is in danger of being mistaken for a sham?