ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibility.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ilr_uk123
Newly Registered

ILR Eligibility.

Post by ilr_uk123 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Dear Friends,,

Would be much greatful if you could advise me on eligibility for indefinite leave to remain, below are the details.

Initially came to UK on HSMP and got extended under Tier 1 (General)

Visa Issued Date (Initial) : 06-Aug-2007
Entered UK on : 25-Aug-2007
Extended visa under Tier 1 (General) on : 19-May-2009
Current Visa is valid till : 06-Aug-2012
No. of days away from country since 25-Aug-2007 : 77 Days

Please advise me on:
1. Can I apply for indefinite leave to remain without need of extending my visa?
2. If I don’t need to extend my visa. What is the earliest date that I can apply?
3. My wife was away from country for 184 days in multiple visits to highest number of days away from country being 85 days. Hope this is fine with dependent.
4. I used to get electronic payslips from my previous employer. Do I need to get seal on my pay slips?
5. My wife passed Life in UK test on 28-Jan-2012. Will that be fine? or is it too early for taking the exam.
6. Am I need to maintain any funds?

Appreciate your time and answers.
Thank you.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Eligibility.

Post by khalidmirza » Sun May 06, 2012 3:03 am

Please advise me on:
1. Can I apply for indefinite leave to remain without need of extending my visa?
YES
2. If I don’t need to extend my visa. What is the earliest date that I can apply?
28 days before your visa expires
3. My wife was away from country for 184 days in multiple visits to highest number of days away from country being 85 days. Hope this is fine with dependent.
No Problem
4. I used to get electronic payslips from my previous employer. Do I need to get seal on my pay slips?
Preferably Yes
5. My wife passed Life in UK test on 28-Jan-2012. Will that be fine? or is it too early for taking the exam.
That is fine
6. Am I need to maintain any funds?
NO

Appreciate your time and answers.
Thank you.[/quote]

rneeta

Post by rneeta » Sun May 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Under pBS, you need to score same point as you did in extention. As maintain fund is one of the thing. I think maintainace fund is also required. it says in SET O

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun May 06, 2012 4:37 pm

rneeta wrote:Under pBS, you need to score same point as you did in extention. As maintain fund is one of the thing. I think maintainace fund is also required. it says in SET O
The sections of the PBS calculator that apply for ILR are somewhat different to what you require for a Tier 1 visa extension. There is no maintenance minimum balance requirement for ILR, this is however mandatory for extensions. The maintenance requirement stated in the SET (O) form is purely to show that you can support yourself & dependents which would generally be evident by looking at the evidence you provide for previous earnings.

One success story for your reference below...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=101766