ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 extension form doubt - plz help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

venkat82
Newly Registered

Tier-1 extension form doubt - plz help

Post by venkat82 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi all,
I am about to fill tier-1 general extension form.I have the following doubts in the form:
B14)Points Based System migrant reference number - how can i get this.I came through Tier-1 general on August 2010.

B11)Home Office reference number(s) (if known): - I guess i dont know that.Can you plz explain whats this?.

B12)Give details of any current or previous worker reference number - under work permit arrangements (if applicable): - I reckon it's not applicable for me.Plz confirm.

D3. What date was the entry clearance or visa issued? - Is this the date of starting of tier-1 general?.

D4)Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document. - Is this the VAF number which appears on my visa stamped in my passport.

Thanks for the help

venkat

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Tier-1 extension form doubt - plz help

Post by cs95tdg » Sun May 13, 2012 5:53 pm

venkat82 wrote:Hi all,
I am about to fill tier-1 general extension form.I have the following doubts in the form:
B14)Points Based System migrant reference number - how can i get this.I came through Tier-1 general on August 2010.
This refers to the 10 digits following "PB" in the Reference Number that will be on your original Tier 1 General Approval Letter. E.g PBxxxxxxxxxx/xxx
B11)Home Office reference number(s) (if known): - I guess i dont know that.Can you plz explain whats this?.
You can leave this blank, if you either don't have one or don't know what it is.
B12)Give details of any current or previous worker reference number - under work permit arrangements (if applicable): - I reckon it's not applicable for me.Plz confirm.
Yes correct, it will not apply unless you were on a work permit before.
D3. What date was the entry clearance or visa issued? - Is this the date of starting of tier-1 general?.
This will be the valid from/start/issue date in your original Tier 1 General Residence Permit visa in your passport.
D4)Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document. - Is this the VAF number which appears on my visa stamped in my passport.
Yes it is.
Thanks for the help

venkat

rajaninanu

Post by rajaninanu » Sun May 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Thank you cs95tdg,

Even I had the same doubts.
But regarding the PB migrant reference number, I didnt get any approval letter while I applied for my initial tier 1 visa on 12th April 2010.
All I got back was my visa stamped on it and the documents I provided.
In that case what can I do? Leave it as it says 'if known'?

Many thanks
Rajani

longshift

Post by longshift » Sun May 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Mate,

Those questions about reference numbers are optional. So, if in doubt, do not fill them. Its not mandatory.

rajaninanu

Post by rajaninanu » Sun May 13, 2012 7:26 pm

thanks Longshift,

venkat82
Newly Registered

To CS and longshift

Post by venkat82 » Sun May 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Thanks guys for your response.
Do i need to fill them as N/A or just leave it as it is.Any way its optional.

venkat

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: To CS and longshift

Post by cs95tdg » Mon May 14, 2012 8:48 am

venkat82 wrote:Thanks guys for your response.
Do i need to fill them as N/A or just leave it as it is.Any way its optional.

venkat
No, just leave them blank.