ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Details of the referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thunderera

Details of the referee

Post by thunderera » Tue May 15, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi,
Can someone explain what should the referees note down on the relevant page?

1. Does the professional referee give the company address or the home address?

2. I'm going to ask a manager of a limited company to sign as professional referee. Should he mention the company name and VAT number?

3. Professional referee is a US citizen who is living in UK for 4 yrs now. Should he say he knows me 4 yrs or more as I know him for about 10 yrs back in my country?

4. What should happen if the professional referee change or loose his job while the application is in progress? Should I inform home office?

Many Thanks in Advance

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Wed May 16, 2012 7:55 am

Can someone who has already applied explain what is needed?

Many thanks.

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Wed May 16, 2012 9:00 am

1) My understanding is their home address

2) Its not asked, but check with UKBA that they'll accept just a manager of a company as even though they are on the list many have been told they wont be accepted unless they qualify by another means (eg professional qualifications or memberships)

3) I personally wouldn't, as long as it is true at the point they sign then it shouldnt make any difference if they change (unless of cause they are stripped of their qualifications etc for miss conduct)

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Wed May 16, 2012 9:09 am

Thanks Friendinneed. Actually his designation is vice president of a uk branch. I mentioned manager because it is management grade. Hope that will be ok. Also should he mention vat no and company address also? He knows me for about 20 yrs but is in uk on work permit for 4 urs. Should he say he knows me for 4 yrs or 20?

Thanks again.

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Sat May 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Can someone let me know what should the referees say for the question "State how you know the applicant?"
For the professional referee can it be " I know the aplicant as a friend"?

Thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat May 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Yes. The professional referee doesn't need to know you in a professional capacity. A friend/family friend is fine.