ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retension of Stamp4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kittycat
Newly Registered

Retension of Stamp4

Post by kittycat » Wed May 16, 2012 9:45 am

Hi All:
I would appreciate if you would give any advice .
I am non EU, and my husband is Irish. We were married in Ireland in 2005. At the time we got married, my husband was holding work permit, and i was holding Stamp 3(spouse of work permit holders) until 2010. Since my husband got Irish passport and i acquired Stamp4 until now.
Unfortunately, our marriage is broken up. i never claim any benefits and pay any taxes neither.(becoz Stamp3 not allow to work), and i went to Malaysia to look after his mother after i acquired stamp 4 in 2010.
If i divirced with my husband , can i retain my Stamp4 in my own right? Should i divorced first or inform INIS to change my status first? What are the retention chances?
Thanks a lot!

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri May 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Residency rights on the basis of marriage to an Irish citizen does not confer any right to retain residency in the event of separation or divorce. In some cases, it may be possible. I would advise you to contact a good immigration solicitor. My experience with Brophy Solicitors (http://www.brophysolicitors.ie/brophyso ... n/Home.htm) has been good but others also mention Sinnott Solicitors (http://www.sinnottsolicitors.ie/contact-us.html)
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

kittycat
Newly Registered

retention on stamp 4

Post by kittycat » Tue May 22, 2012 3:41 pm

:) , Thank you for the advice. Got any more pls........