ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Yr Long Residence ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrgsingh

10 Yr Long Residence ILR

Post by mrgsingh » Thu May 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi

I am going to apply for my ILR on the basis of 10 yrs long residency. I am currently on Tier 1 General visa until Nov12. My first student visa was granted on 9th Sep 2002 and I came here on 17th Sep. My understanding is that I can apply for my ILR 28 days before. Does it mean 28 days before 1st visa was granted (9th Sep) or 28 days before arrival in the UK (17th Sep).

I note that the turnaround time is around 12 weeks to 14 weeks and I may not be able to get my passport back before the current leave expires. As my wife and children are on dependant visa, what will be their status while my case is pending with home office?

I have only 6 days gap in my first extension which was applied via University. I got my SAR and noted that the HO received my application 6 days after my visa expiry date. I read that one gap less than 10 days is fine however do I need to write anything in covering letter?

Hopefully I am eligible to apply:
Sep02 to Aug05 Student Visa Extended from UK
Jul05 to Jul07 Post Study Visa Got from UK
Jan07 to Mar10 Dependant visa Changed status from the UK
Nov09 to Nov12 Tier 1 general visa Had to go to my home country to get it

Could you please tell me your thoughts?

mrgsingh

Re: 10 Yr Long Residency Visa (Please help)

Post by mrgsingh » Thu May 17, 2012 1:52 pm

Plz help me...................
mrgsingh wrote:Hi

I am going to apply for my ILR on the basis of 10 yrs long residency. I am currently on Tier 1 General visa until Nov12. My first student visa was granted on 9th Sep 2002 and I came here on 17th Sep. My understanding is that I can apply for my ILR 28 days before. Does it mean 28 days before 1st visa was granted (9th Sep) or 28 days before arrival in the UK (17th Sep).

I note that the turnaround time is around 12 weeks to 14 weeks and I may not be able to get my passport back before the current leave expires. As my wife and children are on dependant visa, what will be their status while my case is pending with home office?

I have only 6 days gap in my first extension which was applied via University. I got my SAR and noted that the HO received my application 6 days after my visa expiry date. I read that one gap less than 10 days is fine however do I need to write anything in covering letter?

Hopefully I am eligible to apply:
Sep02 to Aug05 Student Visa Extended from UK
Jul05 to Jul07 Post Study Visa Got from UK
Jan07 to Mar10 Dependant visa Changed status from the UK
Nov09 to Nov12 Tier 1 general visa Had to go to my home country to get it

Could you please tell me your thoughts?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 17, 2012 3:03 pm

Please be patient. People will respond if and when they wish to.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

MBU001
Newly Registered

Post by MBU001 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:54 pm

I am 100% sure that you don't need any covering letter. You will be fine as long as you have continued lawful residence 10 years. If you have only 1 gap and you had lawful residence throughout and gap was less than 10 days . You will be have no problems and ilr will b granted .
Give us your update when done
Cheers

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:27 pm

mrgsingh wrote:I am going to apply ILR on long residency basis in aug. In 2003, I went to India for visit and while coming back to the UK, I was stopped to do additional checks and later I was given my passport back without any entry stamp. I can see an Exit stamp by Delhi airport however no entry stamp by Heathrow airport. I don’t have any copy of my flights details so I am not sure how can I be able to proof.

Another occasion where I visited Switzerland from Edinburgh in 2007. There is no exit stamp by Edinburgh airport or entry stamp by Geneva airport. My passport was only stamped while coming back to the UK. I have managed to find an electronic copy of flight ticket. Will it be enough as a burden of proof to confirm my stay in UK.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:57 pm

There are other methods available to UKBA, other than the stamps in your passport, to check - if they need to - about your absences from UK.

Don't worry too much about it. There are scores of people whose passports contain immigration stamps that are faded, not clear, blotted etc., or those who have no immigration stamps as evidence of an absence from UK.

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:16 pm

sushdmehta wrote:There are other methods available to UKBA, other than the stamps in your passport, to check - if they need to - about your absences from UK.

Don't worry too much about it. There are scores of people whose passports contain immigration stamps that are faded, not clear, blotted etc., or those who have no immigration stamps as evidence of an absence from UK.
Thanks Sushdmehta....Your reply in this matter is much appreciated