ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA visit on sunday 8 morning

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bil123
- thin ice -

UKBA visit on sunday 8 morning

Post by bil123 » Sun May 20, 2012 8:36 am

HI all,
2 Ukba officers visited my home ,and asked some general questions about our marriage as the questions were really straightforward so answering them was not so hard ,the only thing bothered us was that we had to woke up at 8 o clock sunday morning to open the door for UKBA ,but for me they were not so scarrry as they look on tv ,they were quite nice and left after 10-15 mins ,but their visit surprised me lil bit because at this time of my application I was expecting a RC not them .Any way fingers crossed ,just to make my self clear ,do they visit home for all applications or I was just the random pick or suspected one :P
Btw they are really working hard and doing overtime on sunday to fasten the process ,we all need to appreciate them :)

EEA2 sent on =28th feb 2012
received by HO =29th feb 2012
COA issued =15th march 2012
coa receiveed =19th march 2012
RC expected date=soon Inshallah.

Pakistani national ,married to Latvian national .

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: UKBA visit on sunday 8 morning

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 20, 2012 9:32 am

bil123 wrote:...do they visit home for all applications...

They certainly do not do this for all applicants. Something about your case may have aroused suspicion. If your marriage is genuine, you will have nothing to fear.

Jay_jay886
Newly Registered

Post by Jay_jay886 » Sun May 20, 2012 12:32 pm

What was your status before applying?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun May 20, 2012 1:46 pm

It would have been nice if they had brought by some nice croissants for you and your wife.

You and your wife can each seperately do a SAR http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navig ... onal-data/ to get your complete file

psuch2
Brazil

Post by psuch2 » Sun May 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Hey Bil, the same happened to us. But it was 3pm 8 days after we got married and just 2 days after the HO received my application.
I was illegal before we got married and we are not sure what prompted their visit, but it was exactly as you described yours, they asked for prof that the marriage was genuine.
No Matter How Long Winter Is, There's Always Spring Time Ahead

bil123
- thin ice -

Post by bil123 » Sun May 20, 2012 7:12 pm

Jay_jay886 wrote:What was your status before applying?
I was a student.

bil123
- thin ice -

Post by bil123 » Sun May 20, 2012 7:17 pm

psuch2 wrote:Hey Bil, the same happened to us. But it was 3pm 8 days after we got married and just 2 days after the HO received my application.
I was illegal before we got married and we are not sure what prompted their visit, but it was exactly as you described yours, they asked for prof that the marriage was genuine.
They didnt ask such questions but a lot about my working timmings and working place from my wife , obviously they must have found out by now that we are geniune but to be honest this process of getting RC is strange ,my case was way to straightforward I have sent enough documents which shows our relationship .

bil123
- thin ice -

Post by bil123 » Sun May 20, 2012 7:19 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:

They certainly do not do this for all applicants. Something about your case may have aroused suspicion. If your marriage is genuine, you will have nothing to fear.
I have no fears, just didnt like the process should be there for every one or for no one .

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 20, 2012 7:28 pm

It can't be there for everyone, only in cases of a well founded suspicion. You are entitled to ask why you were suspected (not of me, of them).

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun May 20, 2012 7:30 pm

Unfortunately a few rotten apples spoil the barrel.

The HO tends to suspect an Asian marrying an East European student when the marriage is recent and the Asian had a visa which was about to run out.

No need to worry when the relationship is genuine although the experience can be unpleasant.

bandor
Newly Registered

Post by bandor » Sun May 20, 2012 7:30 pm

bil123 wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:

I have no fears, just didnt like the process should be there for every one or for no one .
their resources will break if this was in place for everyone that applied.

however I'm sure they can explain to you their criteria for selecting you, as I doubt its random.

was your partner there with you when they came?

Jay_jay886
Newly Registered

Post by Jay_jay886 » Sun May 20, 2012 7:36 pm

I think some of the criteria they use are age difference of couple, similarity in cultural background and common language.

Another thing they may look at is 3rd party information or short length of time between marriage and application.

Jay_jay886
Newly Registered

Post by Jay_jay886 » Sun May 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Jambo wrote:
The HO tends to suspect an Asian marrying an East European student when the marriage is recent and the Asian had a visa which was about to run out.
Very relevant point

bandor
Newly Registered

Post by bandor » Sun May 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Jay_jay886 wrote:I think some of the criteria they use are age difference of couple, similarity in cultural background and common language.

Another thing they may look at is 3rd party information or short length of time between marriage and application.
this

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Sun May 20, 2012 8:01 pm

Jay_jay886 wrote:I think some of the criteria they use are age difference of couple, similarity in cultural background and common language.

You're very right it could be one of those, but not too sure anyway.

bil123
- thin ice -

Post by bil123 » Sun May 20, 2012 8:15 pm

bandor wrote:
bil123 wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:

their resources will break if this was in place for everyone that applied.

however I'm sure they can explain to you their criteria for selecting you, as I doubt its random.

was your partner there with you when they came?
yah she was there and a lady officer took her interview while my wife was in our bedroom ,I obviously understand the situtation but my wife was not so happy with it and asked me when they left that ,have we done some thing wrong in this country so police(as she said) were at our home questioning us 8 o clock sunday morning .But as I know that was their job so I understand .

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Sun May 20, 2012 8:15 pm

The law is quite strict regarding marriage of convenience and the UKBA apply the following criteria when considering issuing residency document on basis of marriage:

3.72 Applications made Post 1st February cases
 The validity of the Certificate of Approval is less than normal.
 The application follows quickly after the marriage; and
 There is no previous evidence of the relationship.
3.8 Additional criteria
The applicant has had an alternative application recently refused (even if the application was in-time);
The applicant has had a previous record of attempts to gain entry or leave to remain (this could include an asylum application);
Reason to question the plausibility of the marriage (e.g. considerable difference in age or background of the couple, no common language);
There are clear and substantive reasons to doubt the validity of the documentary evidence produced in support of the application;
The applicant and the EEA national should generally intend to live together in the UK. This should be evidenced by a clear commitment from both parties that they will do so following the outcome of the application.
The applicant has earlier claimed to be married to someone else (and has not produced evidence of that marriage being dissolved);
A sum of money has been handed over in order for the marriage to be contracted (with the exception of money given in the form of a dowry in the cases of nationals of countries where the provision of a dowry is common practice).
3.9 Other relevant factors
If the tests in the core and additional criteria are met, caseworkers must consider any compassionate or other factors that would make ultimate removal from the country unlikely.
Possible factors of this type include (the list is not comprehensive):
 The length of time the applicant has spent in the UK, e.g. proven residence of about 10 years
 The strength of the roots the applicant has put down here, e.g. employment, property, community connections.
 The age of the applicant when they first arrived in the UK
 Family ties to the UK outside of the marriage.

bil123
- thin ice -

Post by bil123 » Sun May 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Jambo wrote:Unfortunately a few rotten apples spoil the barrel.

No need to worry when the relationship is genuine although the experience can be unpleasant.
yah your are right ,and now I am more hopefull that I will receivce my Rc by the end of this week Inshallah.

bil123
- thin ice -

Post by bil123 » Sun May 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Guerro wrote:The law is quite strict regarding marriage of convenience and the UKBA apply the following criteria when considering issuing residency document on basis of marriage:

3.72 Applications made Post 1st February cases
 The validity of the Certificate of Approval is less than normal.
 The application follows quickly after the marriage; and
 There is no previous evidence of the relationship.
3.8 Additional criteria
The applicant has had an alternative application recently refused (even if the application was in-time);
The applicant has had a previous record of attempts to gain entry or leave to remain (this could include an asylum application);
Reason to question the plausibility of the marriage (e.g. considerable difference in age or background of the couple, no common language);
There are clear and substantive reasons to doubt the validity of the documentary evidence produced in support of the application;
The applicant and the EEA national should generally intend to live together in the UK. This should be evidenced by a clear commitment from both parties that they will do so following the outcome of the application.
The applicant has earlier claimed to be married to someone else (and has not produced evidence of that marriage being dissolved);
A sum of money has been handed over in order for the marriage to be contracted (with the exception of money given in the form of a dowry in the cases of nationals of countries where the provision of a dowry is common practice).
3.9 Other relevant factors
If the tests in the core and additional criteria are met, caseworkers must consider any compassionate or other factors that would make ultimate removal from the country unlikely.
Possible factors of this type include (the list is not comprehensive):
 The length of time the applicant has spent in the UK, e.g. proven residence of about 10 years
 The strength of the roots the applicant has put down here, e.g. employment, property, community connections.
 The age of the applicant when they first arrived in the UK
 Family ties to the UK outside of the marriage.
none of the point mentioned applies to me so I am good :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Bill123,

if you are and your wife are in a genuine relationship (and I do not doubt that you are), even if any of the points of suspicion were there, they are not relevant.

If I were in your shoes, I would ask why you were singled out to at least be reassured that everything was ok (and I'm sure it is).

stetois

Post by stetois » Sun May 20, 2012 9:05 pm

they started visited us 2 days after we gave notice of marriage in september 2011. and between that date and the the 15 of october i was prepared to face everything. but after 3 visits to my bro house and one to our house they finally send a free to wed letter anyway we were already married when we received that piece of letter. i think they suspected us from the fact that my wife had a previous marriage with a non eea, the fact that my student visa was running out and also the fact that i gave a different address to the registrar office. well i only did that because that bicth refused to take my DL as proof of address so that day i had one of my bank statement with my bro address on it in my pocket because i used to live there and never changed that one. so that confused the ours interviews on the wereabouts we are living. i did nt want to rebook another appointment as it takes long and we waited a month to have that one. But at the end of the day when the relation is geniune and there are proof specialy a child involved they can t do anything. but still they make your days hard until you know they off you.

eea1 and eea2 sent 28 february 2012
HO received 29 feb
eea1 for my wife and daughter issued 04 april,received 25 april
COA issued on the 02 april apparently but never received, but i don t care
RC is the most important and i m still waiting!!!!!!!!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 20, 2012 9:10 pm

stetois wrote: eea1 and eea2 sent 28 february 2012
HO received 29 feb
eea1 for my wife and daughter issued 04 april,received 25 april VERY LATE, compain
COA issued on the 02 april apparently but never received, but i don t care Do complain, this is important
RC is the most important and i m still waiting!!!!!!!!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun May 20, 2012 10:15 pm

bil123 wrote:yah she was there and a lady officer took her interview while my wife was in our bedroom ,I obviously understand the situtation but my wife was not so happy with it and asked me when they left that ,have we done some thing wrong in this country so police(as she said) were at our home questioning us 8 o clock sunday morning .But as I know that was their job so I understand .
I would guess you could reasonably ask UKBA to wait while you get dressed and make some coffee. Though I am not sure exactly the ground rules in which they operate.

Did they ask politely to come in?

Did they give you a card or exactly identify what part of UKBA they work for?

bil123
- thin ice -

Post by bil123 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:17 am

Did they ask politely to come in?

Did they give you a card or exactly identify what part of UKBA they work for?[/quote]

yah they were polite and not in a rush or acting like a typical UKBA squad they just showed me their UKBA card at the door so I let them in .I forgot to ask their names and any contact number but who knows they might come next sunday to see us again,so leaving it for the next time .:)

manikgupta007
Newly Registered

Post by manikgupta007 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:05 pm

bil123 wrote:HI all,
2 Ukba officers visited my home ,and asked some general questions about our marriage as the questions were really straightforward so answering them was not so hard ,the only thing bothered us was that we had to woke up at 8 o clock sunday morning to open the door for UKBA ,but for me they were not so scarrry as they look on tv ,they were quite nice and left after 10-15 mins ,but their visit surprised me lil bit because at this time of my application I was expecting a RC not them .Any way fingers crossed ,just to make my self clear ,do they visit home for all applications or I was just the random pick or suspected one :P
Btw they are really working hard and doing overtime on sunday to fasten the process ,we all need to appreciate them :)

EEA2 sent on =28th feb 2012
received by HO =29th feb 2012
COA issued =15th march 2012
coa receiveed =19th march 2012
RC expected date=soon Inshallah.

hello , I applied before you 7th Feb 2012 , I got my COA after 2 month like end of april , and Enforcement team came to my house 24 july , after that I long I need to wait for , I think u already got your RC