ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

job title

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ialacis

job title

Post by ialacis » Sun May 20, 2012 11:50 pm

im due to apply for british citizenship later this year, I am currently employeed full time but thinking of going contracting, the risk with contracting is that i might be jobless if im between contracts,
will it help my application if i remain in permanent employment until i have my british ?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 20, 2012 11:59 pm

Employment / unemployment / self-employment is not an eligibility criteria for naturalisation.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Mon May 21, 2012 8:44 am

Only if you are an EEA citizen can it make any difference.

If you are contracting, what vehicle are you intending to use? Self employment? rofessional Services Company/ Ltd? Umbrella company? P

For all but the last one your employment status doesn't change irrespective of if you are in or out of contract as your "business" is still running as you look for new contracts etc.