ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part-time, but didn't inform UKBA - current ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pittswim
Newly Registered

Part-time, but didn't inform UKBA - current ILR application

Post by pittswim » Mon May 21, 2012 4:22 pm

Hello,
I have lived and worked in the UK for 7 years now. In this time I married a UK citizen and had 3 children, all with UK passports.
2 years ago, after returning to work after the birth of my first child, my company and I agreed that I could work part-time on a 50% basis. I called the Home Office before signing the new contract to check if this was ok and was told "as long as your employer is ok with it, we're ok with it." So I went ahead with it. My employer did not inform the Home Office and I had just had a Certificate of Sponsorship approved a few months earlier on the 100% basis.
I now have an application for ILR pending and they are waiting for information as to why the Home Office hadn't been informed. My work has written a lengthy email stating that they were unaware, that the guidelines under the new Tier system were unclear and that it was a genuine oversight.
Has anyone else been in a similar situation or have any advice in this case? I'm sending a copy of the email and maybe a personal statement (would a personal statement help?)
ANY advice would be much appreciated!!
Thanks!

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Part-time, but didn't inform UKBA - current ILR applicat

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon May 21, 2012 5:11 pm

pittswim wrote:Hello,
I have lived and worked in the UK for 7 years now. In this time I married a UK citizen and had 3 children, all with UK passports.
2 years ago, after returning to work after the birth of my first child, my company and I agreed that I could work part-time on a 50% basis. I called the Home Office before signing the new contract to check if this was ok and was told "as long as your employer is ok with it, we're ok with it." So I went ahead with it. My employer did not inform the Home Office and I had just had a Certificate of Sponsorship approved a few months earlier on the 100% basis.
I now have an application for ILR pending and they are waiting for information as to why the Home Office hadn't been informed. My work has written a lengthy email stating that they were unaware, that the guidelines under the new Tier system were unclear and that it was a genuine oversight.
Has anyone else been in a similar situation or have any advice in this case? I'm sending a copy of the email and maybe a personal statement (would a personal statement help?)
ANY advice would be much appreciated!!
Thanks!
do u have a written email from ho about yr call ? otherwise it is hard to prove and all will change their job as they like

hope u will be ok