ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

blahJ
Newly Registered

SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by blahJ » Tue May 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi all,

I sent my SET (Protection) route application in February, and received an acknowledgement letter 3 weeks later. As of this week, it has been 12 weeks since the application was sent but I still haven't received any decision.

After searching the forum I found a couple of threads on SET (Protection) route application, it appears most people get their decision after a 12-week wait. Since those threads are quite dated now, has anyone else applied in the same route in the past few month and heard back already? If so, what's your timeline?

Thanks

alex68

protection route ILR

Post by alex68 » Tue May 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi ,I applied same time in feb 2012, no letter from ukba ,but last call to ukba the said you need to wait the averge waiting time 100 days (most of applications) and they confirme if you applied before 29 feb there is no need for BRP letter.and some pepole don't recived the acknolegment letter .

blahJ
Newly Registered

Re: protection route ILR

Post by blahJ » Tue May 22, 2012 3:46 pm

alex68 wrote:Hi ,I applied same time in feb 2012, no letter from ukba ,but last call to ukba the said you need to wait the averge waiting time 100 days (most of applications) and they confirme if you applied before 29 feb there is no need for BRP letter.and some pepole don't recived the acknolegment letter .
According to your own post here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=491228

Your initial leave expires 20/5/2012 right? Why did you apply in February?

alex68

ILR

Post by alex68 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:05 pm

hi ,yes my LLR expire in may , but my mother in 25 of March

blahJ
Newly Registered

Re: ILR

Post by blahJ » Tue May 22, 2012 7:19 pm

alex68 wrote:hi ,yes my LLR expire in may , but my mother in 25 of March
Thanks for replying.

Ah, I see. Good to see I'm not the only one who had a 12-week wait.

alex68

Post by alex68 » Tue May 22, 2012 7:53 pm

wish you all the best

blahJ
Newly Registered

Post by blahJ » Fri May 25, 2012 11:59 am

alex68 wrote:wish you all the best
Thank you, same to you.

Just a quick update: I received my ILR this morning, it is stamped 16/May. The entire process took 12 weeks and 7 days.

khus9201
Newly Registered

Post by khus9201 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:13 pm

blahJ wrote:
alex68 wrote:wish you all the best
Thank you, same to you.

Just a quick update: I received my ILR this morning, it is stamped 16/May. The entire process took 12 weeks and 7 days.
Hi BlahJ, Congratulations on your ILR, I have applied under the same category as yours. So could you tell me if you used the new applications form which also tells you to apply for BRP. It has been 7 weeks that I am still awaiting and no acknowledgement. Thank you

doodoo2012

khus9201

Post by doodoo2012 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi khus9201,
have you received any response yet ? I am similar to you but I sent my application in July and looking to see how long..

khus9201
Newly Registered

Re: khus9201

Post by khus9201 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:25 pm

doodoo2012 wrote:Hi khus9201,
have you received any response yet ? I am similar to you but I sent my application in July and looking to see how long..
Hi Doodoo2012, It has been 10 weeks that I have not received any response from home office. I also tried to call but call centre is unhelpful. Did you receive any acknowledgment letter? and have you applied under 5 year refugee or humanitarian leave?

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:04 pm

[quote="khus9201"][quote="doodoo2012"]Hi khus9201,
have you received any response yet ? I am similar to you but I sent my application in July and looking to see how long..[/quote]

Hi Doodoo2012, It has been 10 weeks that I have not received any response from home office. I also tried to call but call centre is unhelpful. Did you receive any acknowledgment letter? and have you applied under 5 year refugee or humanitarian leave?[/quote]

Hi khus9201,

I have not received acknowledgement letter and if I did not use special delivery I would think my application did not get there.

I used to work for the refugee service back in the very old day, I know the home office tele people are useless that is why I know if I ring them, possibly the answer would " we clearly state application time six months, so don't ring before". It says on their website the application takes 6 months and I am surprised some people got it earlier, have not said that we all wish to come next day.

I finished my 5 years refugee. How about you ? Did you send it to Liverpool address?

thank you for replying to me.

khus9201
Newly Registered

Post by khus9201 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:35 pm

doodoo2012 wrote:
khus9201 wrote:
doodoo2012 wrote:Hi khus9201,
Hi Doodoo2012, It has been 10 weeks that I have not received any response from home office. I also tried to call but call centre is unhelpful. Did you receive any acknowledgment letter? and have you applied under 5 year refugee or humanitarian leave?
Hi khus9201,

I have not received acknowledgement letter and if I did not use special delivery I would think my application did not get there.

I used to work for the refugee service back in the very old day, I know the home office tele people are useless that is why I know if I ring them, possibly the answer would " we clearly state application time six months, so don't ring before". It says on their website the application takes 6 months and I am surprised some people got it earlier, have not said that we all wish to come next day.

I finished my 5 years refugee. How about you ? Did you send it to Liverpool address?

thank you for replying to me.
Hi Doodoo2012, Yes I have seen on this forum that most of the people get decision after 12 weeks (3 months). But I have heard a solicitor on TV saying that there are delays due the olympics visas etc? But I expect them tho send atleast an aknowledgment letter, just to confirm that they have received the application. I also used the next day special delivery, and royal mail website confirmed that they received it the very next day.

Also do you know if we will be asked to give biomatrics at post office? Because I thought home offie already have our fringerprints and pictures when the gave us Asylum card?

But don't worry everything will be fine, I hope you get a response very soon. Take care

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi Khus9201,

Acknowledgement letter is what I expected but nothing has come sadly. But I have read most of the time they are not sending them. It would be good to get one, at least you know they are doing something with our applications, not sat under someone's desk for months full of dust and using them as a pad for his/her coffee cup ...

I know what you mean, they finger print us and everything. It sounded daft to me when I saw it on the form. Anyway from what I understood, if you gave them details of when and where your fingers (& toes ;-) ) prints taken they should be able to use them. From my research it seems that if they don't send you biometric thingy within 6 weeks from the application sent, it means almost likely they don't need it.

I keep my fingers crossed, pray all the time and think positive. Everyone confirmed to me it is just a routine thing nothing else.

Thank you, I hope you get your positive response soon too. Good luck

I will update this thread when I get response and I hope you do the same.

I hope other readers good as yourself and put input here of where they are and what is happening.

I see alot read the thread and did not write anything, unless you have different situation to the thread subject, guys please put your input here to help others who are just waiting for answers. Remember no one will know who you are and would mind your business, all what we want input please.

Thank you again Khus 9201 for your prompted response.

:D

fatalist
Newly Registered

!!!!

Post by fatalist » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi guys.

I have been a silent observer for some tiem now but im getting a bit annoyed with UKBA. I applied through protection route 4 month ago. Did not recieve an acknowledgement letter at all. Recieved a biometric invitation letter in July. Its done and dusted but its been a month since then and Im getting really angry now. :(

doodoo2012

Re: !!!!

Post by doodoo2012 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:09 pm

[quote="fatalist"]Hi guys.

I have been a silent observer for some tiem now but im getting a bit annoyed with UKBA. I applied through protection route 4 month ago. Did not recieve an acknowledgement letter at all. Recieved a biometric invitation letter in July. Its done and dusted but its been a month since then and Im getting really angry now. :([/quote]

Hi fatalist,

so my shout broken up your silence lol ;-)

can you please tell us how many weeks after you applied you got your biometric invitation ? did you have your finger prints taken when you applied originally along with some photos ?

I am not getting angry with the delay as they clearly push people away and don't give you hope that is earlier than 6 months. If we get it earlier this is a bonus. I just wanted to track their processing time and maybe we can dream of earlier ILR.

Thank you fatalist

fatalist
Newly Registered

!!!

Post by fatalist » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:34 am

Lets see, I applied on 30/4/12, biometric letter recieved on 18/7/12, biometrics taken on 24/7/12. I have indeed had my fingerprints and photos taken when I applied for an assylum. You have to do your biometrics regardless of previous application! Good luck guys!

mshasan24

Finger Prints for ILR after finishing LLR refugees for five

Post by mshasan24 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:38 am

I have applied ILR with my wife and newborn a week ago after finishing our LLR for refugees status, what makes me bit unsure and confused is if the Home Office want a new finger print from both of me and my wife, I have applied asylum at heathrow airport back 2007 UKBA have taken my finger print and facial photo at that time, and also the British Embassy of Addis ababa have taken the finger prints of my wife before two years when I have applied the reunion visa for her.

so my question is does the Home Office want a new finger print from us apart from those they have already got from us before? because on the form their is an area asking you to fill where and when your finger prints have been taken,, if they need us to get a new finger print why then they are asking on the form when/where?.

If some one can clarify this for me I will much appreciate please?

doodoo2012

Re: Finger Prints for ILR after finishing LLR refugees for f

Post by doodoo2012 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:34 am

[quote="mshasan24"]I have applied ILR with my wife and newborn a week ago after finishing our LLR for refugees status, what makes me bit unsure and confused is if the Home Office want a new finger print from both of me and my wife, I have applied asylum at heathrow airport back 2007 UKBA have taken my finger print and facial photo at that time, and also the British Embassy of Addis ababa have taken the finger prints of my wife before two years when I have applied the reunion visa for her.

so my question is does the Home Office want a new finger print from us apart from those they have already got from us before? because on the form their is an area asking you to fill where and when your finger prints have been taken,, if they need us to get a new finger print why then they are asking on the form when/where?.

If some one can clarify this for me I will much appreciate please?[/quote]

This is because sometimes they lose data from their system so they try to retrieve your info but if they can't they will request new ones.

I hope this helps.

khus9201
Newly Registered

Post by khus9201 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:34 pm

doodoo2012 wrote:
mshasan24 wrote:I have applied ILR with my wife and newborn a week ago after finishing our LLR for refugees status, what makes me bit unsure and confused is if the Home Office want a new finger print from both of me and my wife, I have applied asylum at heathrow airport back 2007 UKBA have taken my finger print and facial photo at that time, and also the British Embassy of Addis ababa have taken the finger prints of my wife before two years when I have applied the reunion visa for her.

If some one can clarify this for me I will much appreciate please?

This is because sometimes they lose data from their system so they try to retrieve your info but if they can't they will request new ones.

I hope this helps.
Hello doodoo2012, How are you? Good to see that they are atleast 4 of us now here. Is there any response form the home office yet? I am still waiting patiently mshasan24 said that he got biomatric letter after around 2 months and 18 days. Do you think it is going to be the same for us?

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:35 pm

Hello Guys : Count me as fifth. I applied in July-2012 (Protection Route)

khus9201
Newly Registered

Post by khus9201 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:35 am

festronaut wrote:Hello Guys : Count me as fifth. I applied in July-2012 (Protection Route)
Hello Festronaut, How are you? OK, so you applied in July, right? Did you get any acknowledgement letter from the home office yet? I applied in June but have not heard anything from them so far, no acknowledgement letter, and still awaiting. Did you send your papers to Liverpool address, like PO box 306, dept 21, L2 0QN etc?

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Hello khus9201 ,

All good, thank you. You ?
Nothing in my side happened. Not even biometric. I will update soon I get anything.
They seem to be slower than any other time. We just have to wait as we are still second class in this country lol
I met a girl from the home office on a night out and she said half of the staff had gone down to help with the Olympics plus a lot of people on holiday. So they are so slow at the moment.

Thank you guys for sharing your experience. Please keep us updated.

Regards,

Doodoo

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:28 pm

khus9201 wrote:
festronaut wrote:Hello Guys : Count me as fifth. I applied in July-2012 (Protection Route)
Hello Festronaut, How are you? OK, so you applied in July, right? Did you get any acknowledgement letter from the home office yet? I applied in June but have not heard anything from them so far, no acknowledgement letter, and still awaiting. Did you send your papers to Liverpool address, like PO box 306, dept 21, L2 0QN etc?
Yes. I did. I received oral confirmation (telephone) that they have my documents. Yet to receive written confirmation. Meanwhile, I got a job, but need to show my prospective employer that my docs are with UKBA. So, I wrote a letter, couple of days ago. I will let you know guys about the progress.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:27 pm

festronaut wrote: Yes. I did. I received oral confirmation (telephone) that they have my documents. Yet to receive written confirmation. Meanwhile, I got a job, but need to show my prospective employer that my docs are with UKBA. So, I wrote a letter, couple of days ago. I will let you know guys about the progress.
UKBA will probably write back to you referrring you to this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... pport/ecs/. Instead, you could get your new employer working on this right away.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

mshasan24

I have applied the end of August

Post by mshasan24 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:21 pm

I can see some of you did not get any decision yet, from those of you who have applied in july did you receive the ILR yet.

I have applied 24th of August and their is a long way to go I guess.

I look forward to hear from you