ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is my status when applying ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imthiyaz
Newly Registered

What is my status when applying ILR

Post by imthiyaz » Wed May 23, 2012 11:14 am

Hi,
Apologies if my scenario is posted earlier, I will be completing 5 yrs in septembber 2012 and will be applying for ILR.

After initial due-diligence into immigration forums i found vague answers and thought of posting my question here.

I came to country in 2007 september on a workpermit(first workpermit), changed to another employer who sponsored another workpermit(second workpermit) in 2008 July.
Continiued employed with the employer on a work permit from july 2008 to May 2012.

switched from Workpermit(second) to tier 1 general at end of May 2012.

Got tier 1 general extension extended to May 2015.

summray:-

Workpermit(first)+workpermit(second)+tier1+tier 1 extension.

When i apply for ILR, what option should i choose Tier 1 or workpermit, as i have spent most of my stay in workpermit 1.e 2 yrs 8 months and Tier 1 general 2yrs 4 months.

At the moment my status is Tier 1 general expiring in 2015, due for ILR in spetember 2012.

Thanks in-advance.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed May 23, 2012 11:18 am

Tier-G General

What is my immigration status while my application is being decided?
If you make an application before your authorised stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. If your existing visa or other permission to stay here allows you to work, you can continue to do so until your case is decided.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 23, 2012 11:29 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

imthiyaz
Newly Registered

Post by imthiyaz » Wed May 23, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi sushdmehta,
Thank you for the quick reply and pointer's. Summarise i am on Tier 1 currently, applying for ILR, choose an option as tier 1 general in the application form.