ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa for new born baby From India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mkanagar

Dependant Visa for new born baby From India

Post by mkanagar » Wed May 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi,
My wife is in ILR and she is going to india for delivery.
The baby is due in Dec-2012.
Can some one please assist answering below questions.?
your help is much appreciated. thanks.

Questions:
1.) The baby will get the Indian passport. What type of visa should we apply for the baby? Dependant on ILR ?

2.) If the baby gets dependant visa, how long will it be valid for? Should we extend it or apply for ILR when it expires?

3.) Which application form should we use? Asking this because we are going to apply from India. should we go to vfs office in chennai?

4.) When we apply visa for the baby, my wife will be in india. is it a problem?

5.) Is there a vfs webiste or any contact number ?

6.) When we can apply visa for the baby? like after baby is 3 months or after 6 months old?

7.) is it really difficult to get dependant visa for new born baby from india if the mother is in ILR ?

8.) What are the documents we need to submit?

Can you please advice?...
or redirect me to some link where more info is available.

Thanks,
-Mahesh

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 23, 2012 5:01 pm

What is your (the other parent) immigration status?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Guess I have the answer to that.
mkanagar wrote:And i am on independant Tier-1
1. Child of a settled person or British citizen.
2. 27 months (302). Whether the child will need to apply for extension or ILR at the end of it will depend on your immigration status at such time.
3. Click on the link given in 1. above. See also UKBA in India.
4. No. Your spouse can explain in a covering letter that she is in India for the birth of the child. As long as the required documentary evidences are submitted, no problem.
5. VFS India
6. Anytime.
7. Why do you think / assume so?
8. Click on the link given in 1. above, read the application form and supporting documents guidance given on that page.

mkanagar

Post by mkanagar » Thu May 24, 2012 8:46 am

Thanks for the reply.
In the following link, its mentioned that child can apply only when both the parents has ILR.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /children/

what if only one parent has ILR?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 24, 2012 9:01 am

When both parents have ILR, a child of such parents is granted indefinite leave to enter (ILE) (297 - 299).
In your case (ILR & PBS parents), the child will be granted limited leave to remain for a duration of 27 months (301 - 302).

alladin

Post by alladin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:10 pm

sushdmehta wrote:When both parents have ILR, a child of such parents is granted indefinite leave to enter (ILE) (297 - 299).
In your case (ILR & PBS parents), the child will be granted limited leave to remain for a duration of 27 months (301 - 302).
Hi.

I will be eligible for ILR [HSMP (March 2k8) ->Tier1] by end of Jan 2013 and my wife will be completing 2 years in the UK by Oct 15,2012. She is pregnant and is planning to have the delivery in India (which will mostly coincide with the dates of my ILR application). She is planning to travel to India by end of October/ early November.

Could you please advice if it will be possible for her to apply for ILR from India?

thanks,
alladin

Jo2012
Newly Registered

Post by Jo2012 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:14 pm

sushdmehta wrote:When both parents have ILR, a child of such parents is granted indefinite leave to enter (ILE) (297 - 299).

Is there a form for ILE? What is the processing time for this visa?