ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa query for Non-EU spouse travelling in Lanzarote

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

filish11

Visa query for Non-EU spouse travelling in Lanzarote

Post by filish11 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:04 am

Hi everyone, I wonder if you could help me in my query. My husband (an Irish) and I (Asian) with our daughter is planning to go to Lanzarote in September more like October. I also have a stamp 4 GNIB card. When I read the embassy’s website, it seems that they only accept stamp with 4EUFam in GNIB card for a non-EU to travel in Spain.

My query is that do I still need a visa to travel in Spain even though I will be travelling with him with a stamp 4 GNIB card?

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Visa query for Non-EU spouse travelling in Lanzarote

Post by ca.funke » Thu May 24, 2012 10:38 am

Hi filish11,

you should find your answer here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95372

"stamp 4" does not count as "EEA family member Residence Card holder (Part 1)", as such "EEA family member without Residence Card (Part 2)" is relevant for you.

Short summary: Legally you do not need a visa, however it may be a good idea to get one anyway.

Rgds, Christian

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Thu May 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Sorry to hijack your thread but I too am hoping to go to Lanzarote around the same time with my husband (non-EU) and I am Irish.

@Christian: We wouldn't have the guts to try and chance it with no visa, so do you know the process of getting a visa, how long it takes, how much it costs and how soon before a holiday should you apply for it? Also, do you need to book the holiday before you apply for the visa?

Thanks
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Thu May 24, 2012 1:58 pm

I am hoping to provide a Schengen-Application-Guideline here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=102396

However, so far, it only covers "normal" applications, not "family-member applications".

So answering your questions for family members:
Monifé wrote:the process of getting a visa
      1. get an appointment with a Schengen-Embassy (not always needed, check Embassy)
      2. hand in application papers
      3. pick up visa
Monifé wrote:how long it takes
      • usually 2 weeks, in exceptional cases (mostly depending on nationality) longer.
Monifé wrote:how much it costs
      • Free for EEA-family-members
Monifé wrote:how soon before a holiday should you apply for it?
      • You can apply 3 months before you wish to travel. If they oblige you to arrange an appointment, they have to gove you an appointment within 2 weeks of you asking for it. (the latter regulation is usually ignored)
Monifé wrote:Also, do you need to book the holiday before you apply for the visa?
      • no
Monifé wrote:Thanks
      • welcome, hope it helps