ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received an SAR disclosure but still worrying

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pokhreligautam

Received an SAR disclosure but still worrying

Post by pokhreligautam » Sun May 27, 2012 2:12 pm

Dear
I have received my SAR disclosure few days back but it does not seem to have clear information regarding entry to and exit from UK and I am wondering how we could check that as my passport was not stamped .
in addition to that My SAR does not specify whether the application was considered to be in time or out of time.in this particular occcasion, the application was made in person after the visa has expired as the appointment was requested to be booked for earlier date and could not get earlier appointment due to Christmas and new year closure of Homeoffice .
on the SAR,there is no record of date and comments regarding my appointments booked by Homeoffice.
My visa was due to expire on 30th December and appointment was booked for 9th of january and LTR was granted.
I will be applying for my ILR on the basis of Long residence on september 2012 and seeking advices from members of this forum in relation to making a successful application .
you advices and sugestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanking you all.
Regards
Krishna Gautam

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun May 27, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi

I am really surprise at the SAR report you've recieved back from the HO and the other surprising thing for me is that your PP is not stamped these 2 things just didn't add up at all in my mind.

Well then what does it actually says on your SAR report a part from saying your name and address which is pretty much obvious for every one to understand. I think to the best of my knowledge SAR means Subject Access report means that you're requesting the data what UKBA holds for you in their records which comprise of the days you left and enter in to UK and the information like your visa extensions and the other important notes like that.

pokhreligautam

Post by pokhreligautam » Sun May 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Smam wrote:Hi

I am really surprise at the SAR report you've recieved back from the HO and the other surprising thing for me is that your PP is not stamped these 2 things just didn't add up at all in my mind.

Well then what does it actually says on your SAR report a part from saying your name and address which is pretty much obvious for every one to understand. I think to the best of my knowledge SAR means Subject Access report means that you're requesting the data what UKBA holds for you in their records which comprise of the days you left and enter in to UK and the information like your visa extensions and the other important notes like that.
Hi Smam
To my surprise, on the letter they have written to me it says that they could not locate all the information they have possibly hold about me due to IT issues but they have managed to pull out informations about my previous extensions including the application forms and supporting documents submitted by me on all occasions which I obviously know myself.
I wanted to know about the appointment booked for 9th january 2006 and about my exit on one occasion as I cant see anything on my passport.
Thank you

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun May 27, 2012 4:25 pm

Ukba don't have records of when people leave the UK. if you are not sure of the date then try to locate other records for example flight bookings etc.

Your application made after your leave expired was out of time. There is no reason for them to have treated it as in time.

ramay

Post by ramay » Sun May 27, 2012 5:07 pm

Greenie wrote:Ukba don't have records of when people leave the UK. if you are not sure of the date then try to locate other records for example flight bookings etc.
You think they can't get it from e-border?E-border is part of UKBA.

pokhreligautam

Post by pokhreligautam » Sun May 27, 2012 5:47 pm

Greenie wrote:Ukba don't have records of when people leave the UK. if you are not sure of the date then try to locate other records for example flight bookings etc.

Your application made after your leave expired was out of time. There is no reason for them to have treated it as in time.
Hi Greenie
Thank you for the information,actually I Know the date when left and came back. it was less than 30 days on that occasion but I hope they are not going to claim that I was out for more than 90 days as they do not have any records and also I wont be able to show any records regarding this when applying For ILR.
Application was made 9days out of time on that particular occasion and I sincerely hope that case worker applies discretion while considering my application.
Thank You
Krishna

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun May 27, 2012 6:07 pm

ramay wrote:
For some reason i thought the op travelled in 2006 in which case i am not sure e borders were in place by then.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 27, 2012 7:44 pm

pokhreligautam wrote:I Know the date when left and came back. it was less than 30 days on that occasion but I hope they are not going to claim that I was out for more than 90 days
FYI - being absent for more than 90 days continuously is not a problem when applying for settlement under long residence ... being absent for more than 6 months continuously is.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pokhreligautam

Post by pokhreligautam » Sun May 27, 2012 7:55 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
pokhreligautam wrote:I Know the date when left and came back. it was less than 30 days on that occasion but I hope they are not going to claim that I was out for more than 90 days
FYI - being absent for more than 90 days continuously is not a problem when applying for settlement under long residence ... being absent for more than 6 months continuously is.
Thank you Sushdmehta
But I actually meant 180 days not 90 days.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 27, 2012 8:01 pm

Your passport should have been stamped at the port of arrival. Was it?

pokhreligautam

Post by pokhreligautam » Sun May 27, 2012 8:06 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Your passport should have been stamped at the port of arrival. Was it?
Hi Sushdmehta ,
It was stamped on arrival but it was not stamped when I left UK and entered into my country.
Thank you.

ramay

Post by ramay » Mon May 28, 2012 10:14 am

Greenie wrote:
ramay wrote:
For some reason i thought the op travelled in 2006 in which case i am not sure e borders were in place by then.
It started in 2004 project semafore by IBM,than e-border by Raytheon 2009-2010,than again IBM.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/09/29 ... semaphore/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/government-co ... NTCMP=SRCH
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/511523d0-9584 ... z1w9p7l9Iz
http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2010/1 ... ders_deal/

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Mon May 28, 2012 10:21 am

pokhreligautam wrote:

Hi Greenie
Thank you for the information,actually I Know the date when left and came back. it was less than 30 days on that occasion but I hope they are not going to claim that I was out for more than 90 days as they do not have any records and also I wont be able to show any records regarding this when applying For ILR.
Application was made 9days out of time on that particular occasion and I sincerely hope that case worker applies discretion while considering my application.
Thank You
Krishna
Hi!

You say that you application was made 9 days out of time, I would suggest, it's 10 days out of time, considering that there is 31 days in December..... Anyways, I think you should be ok, as the HO allow us 10 days maximum. Good luck
All for one, one for all..... Peace

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Mon May 28, 2012 10:27 am

pokhreligautam wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Your passport should have been stamped at the port of arrival. Was it?
Hi Sushdmehta ,
It was stamped on arrival but it was not stamped when I left UK and entered into my country.
Thank you.
That is the normal procedure, when you leave the uk and enter another country, the other country normally stamps, that you arrive safely, then when you leave, they do not stamp, it is the uk duty to stamp at that point, to say that you have returnedd safely.... if I am wrong please correct me someone.
All for one, one for all..... Peace

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 11:07 am

Stamping a passport has nothing to do with "safety" of the traveller but is a record / evidence of immigration control.

Different countries have different procedures regarding immigration control at exit and entry. But yes, I would concur that it is normal for the passport to be stamped at arrival. Guess, some countries don't follow what is considered normal.

singhmohit

Post by singhmohit » Mon May 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Dear Krishna Gautam,
I'm a bit confused... so please bare with me on this one...
Has the UKBA/Homeoffice asked you to fillup this SAR form so that they can get this info from e-border or is it for you to get the info and send it back to them... or is it just simply telling you that they are doing this SAR check (FYI kinds)
like I said, bit confused...

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon May 28, 2012 12:51 pm

singhmohit wrote:Dear Krishna Gautam,
I'm a bit confused... so please bare with me on this one...
Has the UKBA/Homeoffice asked you to fillup this SAR form so that they can get this info from e-border or is it for you to get the info and send it back to them... or is it just simply telling you that they are doing this SAR check (FYI kinds)
like I said, bit confused...
the OP has asked for his SAR so that he can have proof that he was not out of the country longer than he was. UKBA have not asked him to do this.

singhmohit

Post by singhmohit » Mon May 28, 2012 12:54 pm

thanks Greenie - does that mean, he now needs to get the records from UKBA (e-border or what have u) and then sent it back to the PEO officec?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon May 28, 2012 1:04 pm

singhmohit wrote:thanks Greenie - does that mean, he now needs to get the records from UKBA (e-border or what have u) and then sent it back to the PEO officec?
Please read the original post again - he hasn't applied yet - he is hoping to apply and wanted the records. In my opinion it is not necessary for an applicant to request e-border records unless he is not sure of the dates of travel. The UKBA has access to these records so there is no need for them to request an application to provide them.

pokhreligautam

Post by pokhreligautam » Mon May 28, 2012 1:13 pm

singhmohit wrote:thanks Greenie - does that mean, he now needs to get the records from UKBA (e-border or what have u) and then sent it back to the PEO officec?
Hi Mohit,
Greenie is absolutely right.I have received the SAR disclosure but it does not include all the information what I wanted to know.
As everyone else,I made an SAR just to see if there are any nasty surprises on my immigration records before applying for ILR on long term residency basis.
To my surprise my SAR file does not have the record of the exit from and arrival into the UK on one occasion.
Regrads
Krishna Gautam

singhmohit

Post by singhmohit » Mon May 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Dear Krishna Gautam,

Wondering if you can help me a bit more...
I'm due to apply in 2 weeks and had no idea about the SAR thingy. (just realised it from your post. thanks for that)
If I send a request now, I know they wont reply in time before my application.

Could you please adivce what dates they have on records of a person leaving UK?
- Is this information same as your passport stamp of the destiantion country? eg Red India Immgration Stamp.
- Or is this the date of your travel as one would expect that all air carrier companies provide UKBA (e border) with your "Out Day" info?

May be my question isnit that clear, if so, could you provide more details on what records they have on "Date of Leaving UK"

Mohit

pokhreligautam

Post by pokhreligautam » Mon May 28, 2012 1:48 pm

[quote="singhmohit"]Dear Krishna Gautam,

I'm due to apply in 2 weeks and had no idea about the SAR thingy. (just realised it from your post. thanks for that)

- Is this information same as your passport stamp of the destiantion country? eg Red India Immgration Stamp.
- Or is this the date of your travel as one would expect that all air carrier companies provide UKBA (e border) with your "Out Day" info?
Hi Mohit,
They had my first landing card information when I first arrived on 2002 along with 3 arrivals records but they did not have any record for my one arrival which was on June 2006 and the worst thing is there is no arrival stamp stamped by immigration officer of my country when I entered into my country.
but I have the arrival stamp stamped by the ECO when I returned to the UK.
Good luck with your application next week.
Kfishna

singhmohit

Post by singhmohit » Mon May 28, 2012 2:31 pm

pokhreligautam wrote:

Hi Mohit,
They had my first landing card information when I first arrived on 2002 along with 3 arrivals records but they did not have any record for my one arrival which was on June 2006 and the worst thing is there is no arrival stamp stamped by immigration officer of my country when I entered into my country.
Kfishna

What about the dates/stamps of leaving UK?
How detailed is that info?

Mohit

pokhreligautam

Post by pokhreligautam » Mon May 28, 2012 2:37 pm

singhmohit wrote:
pokhreligautam wrote:

Hi Mohit,
Kfishna

What about the dates/stamps of leaving UK?
How detailed is that in
No departures dates but my passport has been stamped upon arrival into my country apart from one occasion.

singhmohit

Post by singhmohit » Mon May 28, 2012 3:11 pm

Oh right...
So the records (SAR Disclousure) does NOT show the dates you left... this mean the only way one can confidently say about the dates leaving UK is by looking at the passport being stamped upon arrival in the destiantion country? Is it?