ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is ILR required before Citizenship for spouse on FLR?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sojan

Is ILR required before Citizenship for spouse on FLR?

Post by sojan » Thu May 31, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi friends,
I recently got ILR , but my wife is still in FLR valid till 2014. (She is eligible for ILR in Oct 2012 as she will complete 2 years with me in the UK).

So our current situation is:
1. I'm on ILR and hopefully will apply for citizenship on May 2013
2. My wife is currently on FLR and will complete 3 years stay in the UK on October 2013. (Tier1 Dependent + FLR of ILR + xxxx )

Query
1. Can she directly apply Citizenship in Oct 2013 from current FLR without applying ILR?
2. Suppose we are not going to apply for her ILR, : If I apply for citizenship in May 2013, does she need to reapply for FLR again (as dependent of BC)? or can she continue in current FLR?

Please let me know if the queries are worded Ok. thanks in advance

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 31, 2012 12:40 pm

She can’t apply for Citizenship without having ILR first.

manfriday
Newly Registered

Re: Is ILR required before Citizenship for spouse on FLR?

Post by manfriday » Thu May 31, 2012 1:56 pm

sojan wrote:Hi friends,
I recently got ILR , but my wife is still in FLR valid till 2014. (She is eligible for ILR in Oct 2012 as she will complete 2 years with me in the UK).

So our current situation is:
1. I'm on ILR and hopefully will apply for citizenship on May 2013
2. My wife is currently on FLR and will complete 3 years stay in the UK on October 2013. (Tier1 Dependent + FLR of ILR + xxxx )

Query
1. Can she directly apply Citizenship in Oct 2013 from current FLR without applying ILR? 2. Suppose we are not going to apply for her ILR, : If I apply for citizenship in May 2013, does she need to reapply for FLR again (as dependent of BC)? or can she continue in current FLR?

Please let me know if the queries are worded Ok. thanks in advance
Ever thought of going to UKBA site and taking a look at the rules over there, it takes a few seconds to do that. If you need the link, let me know.

sojan

Post by sojan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:20 am

linkers wrote:She can’t apply for Citizenship without having ILR first.
@linkers, thanks for that mate.

So in all cases (even if spouse of BC) they need to take ILR and after an year to apply for citizenship?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:38 am

sojan wrote: So in all cases (even if spouse of BC) they need to take ILR
Yes.
and after an year to apply for citizenship?
1 year after ILR is only required if not married to BC.

See Q1 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting